You WIN!!!

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by Keith McGowan, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Keith McGowan

Keith McGowan Elite Refuge Member

Well fellas, I have the dubious honor of bestowing worst drivers I have ever seen upon the shoulders of the folks in western Fl.:dv

I have driven in 3 countries and 39 states and the folks on I-75 are the absolute worst. is it Fl state law that the left lane is a birthrite? never seen anything like it, pacing the car in the right lane 5 mph below the speed limit, driving for miles upon miles and not ever getting over into the right hand lane to allow people past. ( and it wasnt just the Ohioans)

the first 900 miles of our trip were enjoyable compared to the last 250 or so .... man oh man.

sorry for venting but I am sure you understand.

my question is is there a better way for me to get back to I 95 at the GA line from Naples than to go back up 75 to 301? I have been told it is no better to go east then north. cutting across on 4 last year was about an hour slower going home than coming down 301 to 75..... any help would be appreciated.

AHHHHHHHH .. I feel a litle better now.

thank you for letting me vent

Keith

2. Capt Jeff Kraynik

Capt Jeff Kraynik Elite Refuge Member

Hey gang, it worked!!!

Another Yankee came & left!!!:clap :grvn :sp :l

3. WWINGS

WWINGS Senior Refuge Member

:clap

4. Keith McGowan

Keith McGowan Elite Refuge Member

Nope, still here with the inlaws.:dv and from the looks for all the liscence plates, it looks like all the yankees come here to die.

man is the rest of the state packed with old people on their last legs that want to tell you how it was better where they came from? seems like most of what is here.

on a better note hopefully I will be able to get away and add a little to the local fishing economy.

Keith

5. WWINGS

WWINGS Senior Refuge Member

Man its getting pretty bad when the out'staters realise the way things are going here.

6. Capt Jeff Kraynik

Capt Jeff Kraynik Elite Refuge Member

In some places, the ambulances cross each other @ the intersections.

Obviously he's never been to a Century City complex!!!:l :yes :no

7. Floridaboy

Floridaboy Moderator Moderator

I have to agree with your assessment of drivers in the left lane.

Personally, I think it is a bad case of arrogance and selfishness for people to stay in the left lane when they can see someone wants to get by them.

It would be nice if the LEOs would ticket people like this once in awhile as it causes people to be overly aggressive towards others due to the frustration.

It seems that interstates with three lanes have those that think the middle lane is the new right hand lane causing people to now have to change two lanes to get around the slower traffic and pass in the right hand lane.

Interstate 95 an 75 are both very frustrating driving experiences.

8. Chopper

Chopper Senior Refuge Member

The reverse migration will continue for the next two months. I-75 from G-ville south sucks.

9. olduckhunter

olduckhunter Elite Refuge Member

keith, i agree about the traffic on i-75. if you came down from atlanta on i-75 you were in bad stuff all the way. i refuse to drive i-75 or even go through atlanta again. we travel 27 north and up that way. and 2 years ago while down there i read that over 3000 old people that come to spend the winter in florida go back home in a box. it's mostly old people in the winter there. some of them you know will never make the trip the next year and some don't make it back home alive. i've met some very friendly people down there.

old

10. Chopper

Chopper Senior Refuge Member

Gotta love Bluehair season!