You'll need a barf bag, maybe two! Spare me, please!

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by The Other David, May 1, 2002.

1. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

I got this from Join Together. Everything is OK until near the end...

Southern Governors Say Democrats Out of Touch on Gun Ownership
    5/1/2002

Democratic governors from the South called on the Democratic Party to be more understanding and supportive of people who own guns, USA Today reported April 30.

The division in the Democratic Party over gun ownership surfaced when Sen. Zell Miller (D-Ga.) said during an address he gave at the National Rifle Association's (NRA's) annual convention that Vice President Al Gore's stance on guns cost him the 2000 presidential election.

"What many do not understand is that the gun issue is not just about guns," Miller said during the NRA meeting in Reno, Nev. "It's about values. It's about setting priorities. It's about personal freedom. It's about trust."

Other governors who sided with Miller were Don Siegelman of Alabama, Jim Hodges of South Carolina, Mike Easley of North Carolina, Georgia Gov. Roy Barnes, Ronnie Musgrove of Mississippi, and

<<<get this>>> Parris Glendening of Maryland.

"There was a perception in the last election with Vice President Gore that he was out of step with what most of us thought of that issue," Barnes said.

"It's a rite of passage," said Georgia Gov. Roy Barnes. "We like to hunt."

Paris Glendening supporting guns! Give me a freaking break! That ***** is as antigun as you can get! It has long been clear that he will do and say anything. I wonder what he wants now!?!

2. GulfCoast

GulfCoast Moderate Moderator Moderator

Musgrove is in so much hot water down here I am surprised he is not wearing NRA t-shirts in public to do anything he can to appeal to the middle and conservatives.