Your best bow kill?

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by ZEEKSTER, Mar 24, 2005.

1. fishdreams

fishdreams Refuge Member

Here is my Whitetail buck from last year from Eastern Washington State. 40 yds with a muzzy broadhead. Scored 130 P&Y. Rattled him in on day 4; had seen him previously 2 days prior chasing a doe. To dark for a good shot. His neck was all tore up from fighting. I had the skin tanned and it was also tore up pretty bad.

Attached Files:

2. hntnbrds

hntnbrds Senior Refuge Member

Dang, That is one nice deer! :tu

3. uncletick

uncletick Senior Refuge Member

My best and most memorable would have to be my Columbian Blacktail Deer. They are one of the hardest species to hunt. I've killed 5. I shot a big 4 point in 2002. He went 127". The best part of the hunt was being able to watch him come to my rattling and grunting. It took about 45 minutes to come down the hill to me. He was also huge bodied. The carcass alone weighed 150 lbs. He was old. I shot him out of my treestand at 35 yds. He went another 60 yds before dying. :tu :tu

4. MDbowman

MDbowman Elite Refuge Member

That buck watches me from my living room wall, can I claim it as MY best too since derek is my son? It was a pretty happy morning for both of us!! Nothing like hearing "Dad, I just killed a monster!" over the radio just after shooting time!

5. meb

meb Senior Refuge Member

6. arrowhead

arrowhead Senior Refuge Member