Your favorite off road vehicle / Hunting Rig

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by 10ga, Oct 23, 2012.

1. 10ga

10ga Elite Refuge Member

Love the color. I had a fully locked 96 that was the same color. I've owned 5 cruisers and I think that one was the best. Cloth seats and front and rear lockers, what all the LC cult looks for. quackblaster, does your cruiser have diff locks? if it does, would you want to sell it? I thought I had the 1999 LC bought but we couldn't get together on price.

2. waterswatter

waterswatter Elite Refuge Member

Sharp looking Bronco!

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

This what I started with..

[​IMG]

This what it looks like now, except I have the full top on it...
    [​IMG]

Decent mileage, room for the dog and decoys, goes anywhere.

4. Mort

Mort Elite Refuge Member

JEEP= Just Empty Every Pocket
    [​IMG]

5. STUMP52

STUMP52 Elite Refuge Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351331241.622497.jpg

6. duckslyr

duckslyr Elite Refuge Member

Both are bad ***, I would love to have a jeep one day.

7. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

85. Love this thing. Everything except the 14 hp!

8. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

I had a 1985 Toyota long cab 4x4 that was a real, capable workhorse.
    Those early years had front and rear straight axles which were good for offroad. I pulled drift boats all up and down the coast of California and Oregon while guiding and never got stuck.
    I would watch with some amusement how other boat guys had these jacked up, full size American trucks with giant tires etc... They would make a loud show of launching there boats. I would quietly go the same places along the river they went and launch my boat and get good mileage too. Ran the odometer up to 235K without having the heads off or any major repair.

My next rig was a 1990 Toyota 4-Runner, which i loved. It was very comfortable inside for hauling gear, plus fishing clients and hunting gear and my Springers. Not as capable as the 85 PU, but I never stuck it. I ran the odometer up to 285K also without any major repairs.

Had a 2005 F250 4x4 diesel which was a piece of junk. Major engine expenses. Worst truck i have ever owned.

My current rig is a 2011 F150 4x4 with the aluminum 5.0 V8. It is an excellent truck. I would buy the same truck again today.

9. ryan_289

ryan_289 Senior Refuge Member

The jeep was a frame off. Got the tub back from the blaster and the floor looked like swiss cheese:rolleyes: It was a learning experiance for sure. Got a bronco itch so I sold the jeep. I should have just kept it.

10. quackblaster

quackblaster Refuge Member

10 gauge , Ive had 2 LC, a 93 red one i sold for 4800 in 2009, it had 293,000 on the odometer,still ran perfect, This one ive had since 2011, it has 297,000 on it still going strong, it was a gift from my Brother n law in Atlanta, He bought it new, I have done all the inprovements on it, I love it and probaly never sell it, im fixing oil leaks on it now, its got front rear lockers, 4 lift, winch,ive been offered 12000 just last wk at a gas station in knoxville, appreciate it man but cant sell it