Your gonna be jealous

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by Goose Pimp, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Goose Pimp

Goose Pimp Senior Refuge Member

I did the triple triple this weekend. 3 Canadians, 3 Snows, and 3 Eagle Heads. There are a few snows hanging around they are pretty decoy shy but managed a few on our ponds. I read an article in the post saying there were 20,000 birds at Jumbo dont know what that guy was smoking spent 2 days morning and night by the Jumbo never say more that a couple thousand if that and they have been here since Oct anyway, looking for the first big push the 1st week of March hope the weather does not make it any sooner. I'll post pics tonight.

2. Alamosa

Alamosa Elite Refuge Member

What are Eagle Heads?

3. Goose Pimp

Blue's

4. Gander D. Bander

Gander D. Bander Elite Refuge Member

Well hell that ain't nothing we had the chance to kill about 50 eagle heads over the weekend we decided to let the fly off,,, something about being a national symbol and Fourthwind said they taste like "spotted owl":l:l:l:l
    Congrates Scott, their ain't a prettier bird the a nice eagle head they make a primos mount..You gonna make stuffers outta them? That'd be cool!!!:eek:

5. Waterproof

Waterproof Elite Refuge Member

Alamosa an Eagle Head is a mature Blue goose. When blues mature they get what they call an eagle head on them that is the whole goose is a greyish shade of blue and the head is snow white just like a bald eagles head. They are an awesome looking bird and we ended up killing several in Missouri when I was back there hunting several weeks ago.

You can see a couple in this pic although the eagle heads are hard to pick out on the birds when they are piled like that.

6. Gander D. Bander

Now correct me if I am wrong but a "eagle head" is a immature blue goose, the adult have blue and white feathers, where the eagle heads have primarially blue/grey bodies.

7. Goose Pimp

Chris, every year I think im gonna make a spread of stuffed snows but damn that would be one hell of a job stuffing and storing that many dekes, how bout I stuff them you store them?

8. Goose Pimp

Here is one of the 1st geese, I mounted might break her out for the snow season:eek: :eek:

9. Gander D. Bander

I would store them, I want four stuffer snows myself to put in with my canada's..what kinda deal we gonna swing on the stuffers for the shells? I will trade you 5 for um...even throw in a couple magnum shells and a dozen faux fowl canada silos.

10. Alamosa

Alamosa Elite Refuge Member

I understand the Eagle Head thing. Thanks everybody.