Your long line storage

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by G.B. Jack, Jul 24, 2011.

1. duckstuff

duckstuff Senior Refuge Member

I tried the 12 slot bags too and they seemed cumbersome to work with when you have so much line between decoys. I use the Drake XL Stand Up bags to hold 2 dozen Herters 72's on the lines. It is very easy to set and pull by yourself with the bag standing open. Also they collapse nicely and store in the back well of the Duck Water when not in use.

I have seen Jeff's setup and it seems to work great for him though.

2. NealH

NealH Senior Refuge Member

I run 6 decoys on a mainline that terminates about 3' after each decoy on the end with a carabiner. This way I can hook them in groups of 6, 12 or 18 depending on the situation. I have an electrical cord reel loaded with 20' droppers if I need them but with 3' droppers on the decoys I only need them if it is over 6' deep or a lot of current. The decoys are stored in rubbermaid totes. I would like to switch to slot bags but don't have the cash right now so my hand carved decoys get a little beat up. I have found that this system works best for me and the varied situations I hunt

3. jrp267

jrp267 Senior Refuge Member

It's what I do

4. Peta

Peta Elite Refuge Member

thats how I roll too. If you put them away properly they are easy to set out.

5. pamungus

pamungus Elite Refuge Member

Capt Jeff has about the best system! I run mine the same way and you can dump or pick up 16dz decoys in a half hour easy. i use the large 12slot bags from avery (not a avery fan but their bags work) and you can double stuff the slots so each bag holds 2dz decoys

18" drops are perfect for dogs, and i also have my weights strung with their own line and a loop so i can drop them hook to the line and run the block keeping all the weights sepperate

6. G.B. Jack

G.B. Jack Elite Refuge Member

Double stuff each slot? Must be only with like Herters 63 size , huh?

7. Peta

Peta Elite Refuge Member

No not the 62's . if you have full body decoy bags from Avery you can fit 2 of the 72's in there. Just have to make sure you have full body bags.

8. G.B. Jack

G.B. Jack Elite Refuge Member

Oh ok, you're ot talking their water decoy bags, but rather their field decoy bags

9. jkryspin

jkryspin Elite Refuge Member

They're referencing the FB Duck 12 Slot Bag. They are made with larger slots. Rogers Sporting Goods also has a FB Duck sized slotted bag. I believe they are 8"x8" pockets.

10. queequeg

queequeg Senior Refuge Member

Collapseable trashcans. We take 3-4 of them on our 16ft carolina skiff. We keep the longlines all attached.

[​IMG]