Your medical records

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by The Other David, Jul 16, 2010.

1. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

I am willing to wager a Super Size dinner at McDonald's, followed by drinks with cigars, that what I say will become true, or at least 75% of it.

It is not just community health data that will be collected, it is your medical data.

Within 10 years your entire risk profile will be captured, and you will be issued a National Health Service Smart Card. This risk profile will include your BMI, blood pressure, lipids and blood sugar profile, C reactive protein, medications profile, and history of law enforcement encounters.

THis card will be screened everytime you order dinner out, make a food purchase at a grocery, order a drink or purchage alcohol in bottles/cans, buy tobacco, or purchase a gun.

Obesity Rating for Every American Must Be Included in Stimulus-Mandated Electronic Health Records, Says HHS
    Thursday, July 15, 2010
    By Matt Cover, Staff Writer

New federal regulations issued this week stipulate that the electronic health records--that all Americans are supposed to have by 2014 under the terms of the stimulus law that President Barack Obama signed last year--must record not only the traditional measures of height and weight, but also the Body Mass Index: a measure of obesity.

The obesity-rating regulation states that every American's electronic health record must: “Calculate body mass index. Automatically calculate and display body mass index (BMI) based on a patient’s height and weight.”

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/69436

2. drylok

drylok Elite Refuge Member

You're fixing to lose a super size meal, a beverage and a cigar because we're going to throw all them *******s out and repeal the whole sun of a beach :tu

But if they were left in power you would be spot on and there's one more thing. I'll see if I can dig it up, but at one point there was talk about them wanting to make all these regulations and taxes and so forth and basically make it illegal or very expensive to raise your own food.

3. DR CABELA

DR CABELA Banned

along w/ your financial records and would be the only means of transactions...........

4. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Unfortunately, I'd probably make the same wager against that proposition.----or more specifically on the House changing hands. People talk big, we'll see. 20% approval, 90% re-election rate.

As for the records in question, I wouldn't doubt it.

Heard on Boortz the other day that a local hardware shop had put out coffee and donuts for 40 yrs. Govt told 'em no more on that deal, not licensed and inspected regarding food service equipment. Somewhat off topic, but more evidence of where we're headed.

Like I said on the other thread, it's all about who is paying the bill and unfortunately society overall wants govt to pay the bill whether they admit it or not.

5. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

It sounds like it may soon be time to gather a database of what other countries do so that we can all determine if we want to really stay here in 'Marxist USA' or move elsewhere. Inasmuch as I have no children to worry about, it's only a matter of arguing with my wife, and making sure my dogs can come along. Otherwise, it may well be "Asta la Vista, Baby!"

6. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Tell the truth about the reasons, wanting to marry those dogs, aren't ya?:dv

7. cahunter

cahunter Elite Refuge Member

if it got that bad we could all just move to Texas, and they will leave the Union.

8. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

LOL... you've got me now! :dv Heck, my dogs prove to me every day that I can trust them more so than anyone alive... unless I leave my dirty socks laying around and then they become pull toys... :yes

9. jaeger19

jaeger19 Elite Refuge Member

Guys...

This is nothing new...:nutz

All of those statistics are already collected by medical providers. Its already considered appropriate medical practice.... the medical information is already being stored electronically...

Honestly, all this is, is the government trying to look like its doing something regarding healthcare when its doing nothing.

Heck.. most of that information is collected by the nurse and the intake form before you even see the Physician...

As far as your information being "available"... if you have life insurance, health insurance and/or disability insurance its highly likely that they already have that information...

Its what they base their rates on...

AS far as this "electronic medical records" bunk.. thats what it is.. bunk... Just about all providers are using electronic medical records.. (cripes.. i am sure you could find SOMEONE who is not using them but DANG that would be rare)...

The laugh is that insurance companies and the government are the ones that want hard copies, (including state governments)...My records are all electronic.. but they have to be copied off for insurance companies because they want fax.

Like I said.. this is nothing but an attempt to make it look like they are doing something when they are doing nothing... I always laugh when Barack (or Bush) talk/talked about "how much they could save if providers used electronic medical records":l:l:l

10. DR CABELA

DR CABELA Banned

dat true........lol

we've gone to e billing.....but some of the INS cos want the paper copies still ......so double the work...........yep its all about "saving money"

not to mention not all health related facilities hv to e bill.......i think if you hv less than 15 or 50 employes you dont hv to e bill...not sure on the number though