Your Next White House Candidate

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by eel river, Mar 31, 2014.

1. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

Right.....it appears that the legislature did a bit more than "slap a few bills together" relative to redistributing the wealth....if this isn't enough for you, I seriously question your conservative underpinnigs that you constantly tout...

http://governor.nd.gov/media-center...re-provides-more-tax-relief-strong-funding-st

As to the "social watchdog" arm of the Republican party - I would suggest that you make peace - they ain't going away, and at the end of the day, they are generally the ones who show up to do the foot soldiering for the party.

Lastly, the bill passed in North Dakota was not "anti-abortion" - it merely clarified that, once the child has a heartbeat - no abortion in North Dakota. Sounds pretty common sense to me. Why can't you immoral crusaders just drop it? If you did, all of this social welfare stuff would go away.....

2. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Lip Shooter - there is a difference between what a Governor is allowed to do for a State and what a President is allowed to do for our nation.

The job of the POTUS is to uphold the Constitution. If it ain't in the Constitution - it's left to the States and/or that States citizens. (10th Amendment)

When it comes to education, gay marriage & abortion - I want a POTUS candidate that reiterates that those are State issues. I want a candidate that will explain why issues like gay marriage, legalization of pot, death penalty, abortion... are State issues and should not be Federal issues...

So it wouldn't matter where a conservative POTUS candidate like Walker stood on gay marriage, education & abortion as a Governor - because they would explain those are State issue.

I want smaller Government - smaller Federal Debt. One way to make smaller Government is to eliminate un-enumerated Federal Departments like the US Dept of Educatiuon & HUD.

3. Slough Smell

Slough Smell Senior Refuge Member

In name this money went to property tax relief. In reality much of it went to increased funding for local gov't. They were given money to provide tax relief. There was no mandate that they had to. Much of it went to increased local spending and the taxpayers ended up with the scraps.

I could live with the "moral crusaders" if they cared as much about fiscal issues as they do about Social issues. It seems as long as a GOP politician has the right stance on social issue, their stance on fiscal issues doesn't matter. They can grow gov't, support pork barreling and crony capitalism, and deficit spend and nothing is said, but they go a little soft on gays or abortion it doesn't matter how fiscally conservative they are - they catch hell.

4. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

You act as if those who possess and champion conservative morals and those who push for smaller government - decreased government spending are mutually exclusive. I would argue that that is NOT the norm.....

5. pintail2222

Spending on Social issues or spending on schools & infrastructure due to the increase in taxes collected?

BIZMARK - The growth in North Dakota?s economy, fueled by oil in the west and agriculture in the east, has enabled an explosion in state government spending.

A little more than a decade ago, North Dakota spent $4,300 per capita of state money on schools, roads, regulators and government officials. Over the next two years, the state will spend nearly $15,000 for every North Dakotan, according to an analysis of state budget documents.

In all, the state?s budget has tripled in size: from $4.7 billion in the 2001-03 two-year budget cycle to the $13.7 billion enterprise it is in 2013-15, including money from the federal government.

North Dakota?s expenditures from its own general fund ? made up of state taxes on income, sales, oil and more ? have increased four times over during that dozen years.

http://www.prairiebizmag.com/event/article/id/16711/#sthash.MKzuM5OX.dpuf

6. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

Can you please list 5 Judeo-Christian beliefs?

I hear that term often and can never find out what these values are.

I believe slavery was one and that in fact did help this county become what it is today.

7. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

So if a state makes UN-constitutional laws the president should let them? And prasie their indepentance?

8. pintail2222

States have to uphold the Constitution. And I believe that there are only 2 or 3 laws in the Constitution itself. If a State passes a law that is Unconstitutional (goes against one of the 27 Amendments) then the Supreme Court would intervene and overturn that law.

States have Police Powers over their citizens - not the Federal Government. For example - the Second Amendment protects the rights of the citizens to keep and bear Arms. But individual States have hundreds of gun laws.

Education, Marriage, Abortion, Speed Limits, Drug Use, Death Penalty, Health Insurance.... are not in the Constitution. Again - I want a POTUS candidate that reiterates that those are State issues. I want a candidate that will explain Federalism. Why issues like gay marriage, legalization of pot, death penalty, abortion, education, health insurance... are State issues and should not be Federal issues...

9. Glendonboy

Glendonboy Elite Refuge Member

Ever hear of the 10 commandments?

10. Glendonboy

Glendonboy Elite Refuge Member

Proverbs 14:23
    In all toil there is profit, but mere talk tends only to poverty.

1 Timothy 5:8
    But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

2 Thessalonians 3:10
    For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.

Romans 1:26-27:
    "For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural, and in the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error."

1 Timothy 1:9-11:
    "This means understanding that the law is laid down not for the innocent but for the lawless and disobedient, for the godless and sinful, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their father or mother, for murderers, fornicators, sodomites, slave-traders, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to the sound teaching that conforms to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me."