Your prediction on Trump running as a third party???

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Lip Shooter, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

I say that some how some way he is not going to be the GOP nominee (to good to be true).

I have previously said the GOP will find a way to keep him out, like a year ago.

I say without a doubt he will derail the GOP with a third party run after he is not treated fairly.

Your prediction if he is not the GOP Nominee? Third party run? Yes or No?

Me YES!

2. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

I think it will depend on who gets the nomination instead of him. IF Cruz or Rubio I believe he will do whatever it takes to derail them, too much bad blood. If by some weird miracle Kasich or even Carson should wind up in the driver's seat, Trump may support him.

Won't matter one bit. Hillary still skates into the white house.

3. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

I'll say no, & he will support the nominee, but he will also support the nominee of the other party. With that said, it wouldn't surprise me that he goes off & buys a TV network. Starts a show exposing the corruption within DC. He could run it nightly, 24 hrs a day, he would never run out of topics. All the so called "uneducated" who voted for him would watch it. Heck, it would be The Greatest Show on Earth, even having ratings higher than Duck Dynasty

4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

My opinion: IF he gets the boot by the GOP, yes. Just out of sheer spite. Who knows, may have been his plan all along, to help Hillary out (for those that wear tin-foil hats). One thing is for certain; if the GOP boots him while he is still highly supported, folks need to wake up and call the GOP out for what they really are; a bunch of sore, chapped asses. I only say this because the stock they have brought to the show the last two times just hasn't worked. If they keep it up (losing), eventually the gov't will go so far left that the people will revolt.

5. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

If he does not get the nomination, it is my feeling that he would prefer Clinton in the White House as opposed to any GOP... He might not openly support her (although he might actually vote for her:nutz), but it would serve his ego to a much larger degree if she were to win if he does not get the nomination.

Kasich and Carson (as VP) on the same ticket would have a running chance of winning... (If Carson can stop taking Xanax before the debates and interviews)... Heck, I really liked Carson at first, but it seems to me, that he is a little over-medicated when he is speaking.

Cruz and Rubio would actually stand a running chance as well... I believe that Rubio would be better served as VP, but I doubt either will submit to the position of VP.

One thing that the Dems have over the GOP, is that they do not continuously cut off their nose to spite their face. I do not believe that the Dems are any better at appealing to the middle, as much as they are better at not pushing them away…

6. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Why on heavens earth would Donald Trump have to run as a "third party" candidate?

Isn't he going to get the Republican nomination by a landslide? It's what all the TrumpStumpers have been expounding ad infinitum...

7. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

No, Trump will not go down the path that he knows he cannot win. He repeatedly has said the only path to victory is the nomination.
    He points out that if he won and the establishment rolls out another person they both lose.
    Shows he is smarter than the other group.

8. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

I see the establishment dong something to stop him, change the rules, brokered convention, etc.

I mentioned this last year as well.

Just thinking a bit

9. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Trump will sell to the highest bidder but he's not the only one who has had an epiphany of where the status quo is taking us. There are fat cat Congress made millionaires out of on both sides and Trump and apparently a large chunk of voters have grown tired of WDC eating at the golden buffet while the middle class fights up the bloody muddy every day. There's lots of scared and getting more scared middle class and Carrier Air Conditioning people in this country. And Trump represents a succesful businessman to many with a touch of fire.

To answer the question...No...he won't. I think his comments alluding to that are designed to keep the RNC and some undecided in line. Trump didn't become succesful by picking fights he knows he will lose.

10. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Hmmmpf... All I can find is Hugatree & Blood of the Ram mentioning it. I think you agreed though....