Your religious belief

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by joe117, May 11, 2009.

According to YOUR religious belief is it ok for a 17 year old to go to a Prom and dan

Poll closed May 21, 2009.
  1. Yes, holding hands at a Prom and dancing is ok for a 17 year old.

29 vote(s)
    96.7%
  2. No, it is against my religious belief. 17 year olds should not dance or hold hands.

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. wigeonmeister

wigeonmeister Elite Refuge Member

No, Almodux didn't cast that vote, I DID! I did so primarily because I knew what you were getting at, and that somebody (probably you) would ultimately come on here and try to brand Almo as archaic with a glorified online witch hunt. And you know what? It worked.

Like I said, it LESS about CHOICE, and MORE about FAITH and CONVICTION!

2. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

Ok....so you said thatYOU believe that the 17 year old should not be able to go to the Prom and dance and hold hands with his girlfriend. It is against YOUR religion.

Now we know what YOU believe.

Sorry Almodux.

3. wigeonmeister

wigeonmeister Elite Refuge Member

And you know what? IF I were to make such a stand, I could reference any of a number of social issues and back up such a position. That is IF I believed any of what you're claiming as being "against my religion" in the first place. Just because I recognize that there are more ways of looking at something like this than my own does NOT mean that what you asked is against my religion.

As I said before, I cast that vote knowing that Almo would wrongly be accused of doing it as he had already posted on the question before the vote was ever cast, and you know what? It worked. Do the words hook, line, and sinker mean anything to you?

4. joe117

The question was what do YOU believe. You told us.

5. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

No, and I didn't. It's a game with Joe.....who hates anyone/anything with 'beliefs' and works tirelessly to find some way to belittle them. The very notion of his question is to ridicule something he disagrees with or what someone else may/may not believe. Joe is commonly bigoted in that regard. He is also prone to assumptions when it suit his purpose. I opened the gate on that one, wigeon drove the truck through it. :nutz

No, the boy was expelled for violating a school tenet and the principles the school holds for existing and those who attend. It wouldn't matter if the rule was 'No blue hair', and the boy died his hair blue for spring break, then cam eback to school normal. If the school found out about it and believed it reflected badly on them due to a violation of it's policies, then they can expel him. It's their school and their rules. It's not about his 'beliefs' or rights. He is exercising his, and they are exercising their's. End of story.

6. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Almodux, you just don't seem to understand that you are supposed to be doing a Jimmy Bakker impersonation in order for joe to have something to attack---severe compensation issues if you ask me, I think it all stems from his fundamental beliefs, but that's another thread---

Now get back in line before joe tells you what you believe and why......again....

:l:l:l

7. joe117

The question wasn't about the kid's contract with the school or the fact that he didn't do what he said.

The question was about what YOU believe.

Is it against your religious belief for a 17 year old boy to hold hands and dance with his girlfriend?
    "yes or no"

You guys can jump and dance, talk about how bad joe is, whatever.
    But the question remains.....

Are you willing to say that it is against your religious belief for a 17 year old boy to hold hands and dance with his girlfriend?

Simple question guys...... "yes or no"?

8. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Frankly, I find it quite amusing to see you try to get answers from anyone.:l:l:l

9. ducknwork

ducknwork Elite Refuge Member

I think it is over the top, but hey, people believe different things.This is not one of those big topics where one person's belief will harm another person if they win out in the end...

10. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Since we're asking joe-type questions: How's that women's underwear wearing thing going for you Joe? See, Joe thinks thongs are more his style and believes boxers are for religious 'nuts' only.:l....or am I assuming/presuming anything?:l