Your religious belief

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by joe117, May 11, 2009.

According to YOUR religious belief is it ok for a 17 year old to go to a Prom and dan

Poll closed May 21, 2009.
  1. Yes, holding hands at a Prom and dancing is ok for a 17 year old.

29 vote(s)
    96.7%
  2. No, it is against my religious belief. 17 year olds should not dance or hold hands.

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

What's so amusing about people saying what they believe?

2. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Go ask someone who said it was amusing.

I said nothing of the sort.

3. Tuck31

Tuck31 Elite Refuge Member

Yes it is OK in my world, but I respect someone else's choice if it not OK in theirs.

And as someone else said, maybe we as a society would be better off if we didn't take our cue from that great moral bastion known as Hollywood as to what is acceptable conduct. You may not realize it, but I would hazard a guess that over the past 80 years Hollywood has strongly influenced if not set popular culture--and that means you my friendly reader. That is not a good thing.

4. joe117

Okie said....."Frankly, I find it quite amusing to see you try to get answers from anyone".

5. wigeonmeister

wigeonmeister Elite Refuge Member

I did no such thing. I answered yes to see who would wrongly assume that Almo was the one who did so. You took the bait.

Show me as being a fence-sitter on the issue. I won't criticize anyone from either side, but it is only because I have listened to people from both sides of the aisle discussing their standpoints on the issue at hand. That includes having sat in a congregation and under the preaching of a pastor in NW Florida whose kids were raised like this. I'd really like to see the reaction you'd get if you ever tried to debate the issue with him and lace the conversation with ridicule. That would indeed be entertaining.

6. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Right. Joe said....."What's so amusing about people saying what they believe?"

7. joe117

What Hollywood has done over the last 30 years or so hasn't been good for our "popular culture".
    But I don't think you can say that over the past 80 years Hollywood has been a bad influence. Hollywood seemed to support the war effort during WW2, bringing patriotic propaganda to the big screen.
    Movies of the 20s through the 60s were not exactly what I would call a bad influence.

I'm thinking that you might be commenting more on the behavior of the "stars" rather than the movies themselves.

Well??I believe that all the way back to ancient Greece we can find references to the younger generation going to he!! In a hand basket..

8. joe117

Wow....you sure are a trickster....

But right now I've got you down as a "no".

9. joe117

Yes ..... And Okie said....."Frankly, I find it quite amusing to see you try to get answers from anyone".

10. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

S LO W L Y ; J O E = W A N T S T O K N O W A N S W E R S.

O K I E = T H I N K S T H A T I S F U N N Y.

J O E = J O E S T I L L T H I N K S O K I E I S
    L A U G H I N G A T B E L I E F S.

:nutz