Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Your veiw on women hunting?

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by swampswimmingshrek, Dec 5, 2006.

1. dosch

dosch Elite Refuge Member

oh changing up your post...shame on you! My dog, well lets just say he's not obediant enough to hunt out of my final approach yet. He's a pheasant hunting fool though, haven't even been able to take him duck hunting yet, not my fault "good ole shrek" keeps me busy retrieving the birds.... :l Only got to train him 3 months so far since I was kind enough to move out here!!! But I'm gonna get on his azz before March rolls around and he'll be one heck of a pooch.....hopefully :l IT'S BOOT CAMP TIME...dunn dunnn dunnnnnnn

2. BenWa

BenWa Banned

Well for Pete sake?Not too many folks know about Devlin?s boats. Years ago I build a modified Cackler, when I lived in Washington, where he extended the transom for me instead of the deep well. Very hard chine 16? boat and the ride was very smooth.
    There was a web site I believe duckboats.net (Don?t know that it is still there) that went through the whole process from start to finish in building a bluebill or scaup (Can?t remember). His drawings (Devlin) were very easy to read and if I had any questions, he was a phone call away being he was a Washington native. The only thing I had to worry about was what ratio epoxy to use in summer and how to get rid of the bubbles that always formed on me when applying on the plywood.
    You can?t go wrong with a boat of this caliber. It will last a lifetime will minimal maintenance. Hat?s off to ya?Kudos.:tu :tu

Ben

3. ole cypress

ole cypress Elite Refuge Member

BIRDHUNTER98, WE NEED TO CLONE THIS ONE!! :dv

4. 410fan

410fan Senior Refuge Member

Hunting women are great, I've had one for twelve years. She is the official "knock on the door for permission" person. She has a much better success rate than I, and has only one dog bitting incident so far. However, we could use a wife to tend to the home front while we are out hunting and fishing. She is open to the idea except for the lodging arrangements, man is stuff really piling-up around here with another month to go yet.

5. Blueyed-goof

Blueyed-goof Senior Refuge Member

Ben-

I haven't gotten the chance to try out any of Devlins boats but given all the great things I've heard, I'm ok with just building one and trying it myself. They're still around and they are a great bunch of guys...they put up with me so they would have to be :) It'll probably be several years, but I still plan on building one.

6. swampswimmingshrek

swampswimmingshrek Elite Refuge Member

I was looking back over this forum and I had to laugh. She is so cute. I remember how she wanted to open the blind so she could look at the birds. Then she kept telling me there right there. and I could see her point under the blind. It will be fun when she can go more. hehe the boys better watch out cause we are going to keep her busy!:yes She'll be our number one hunting buddy.