youth bows

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by muddydog, Nov 24, 2010.

1. muddydog

muddydog Moderator Moderator

i need to get my 10 y/o boy a compound bow for Xmas.
    i would prefer one that he could hunt with in a couple of years.

give me some ideas.

2. gunaduck

gunaduck Elite Refuge Member

hoyt and matthews have a few. check cabelas. i don't know the regs in your state, but he no one can hunt with a youth bow

3. shoreman

shoreman Refuge Member

I just ordered my 10 yr old the parker. Draw weight goes from 20 to 50. and the draw length extends for future use. be about $350. a friend of mine bought his daughter the same one and she has killed several deeer with it already. The previous years version you had to change the limbs for different draw weight but not now. It's a one stop shop. good deal cant what for him to get good with it

4. Ginzu

Ginzu Senior Refuge Member

My son (age 13) shoots a Bear Pioneer II with outstanding results. He killed his first deer this year with it, deer went 30 yds and dropped dead in it's tracks. My daughter (age 11) shoots a Bear Odyssey II and loves it.
    You can look around and find one of these bows or I would recommend a Bear Apprentice. It has 13 draw length positions ranging from 15 to 27 inches and can be adjusted with no bow press. The draw weight ranges from 20 to 50 lbs. Definately plenty of growing room and made by a tried and true outstanding company -- Bear.