Youth Day - February 15

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by darkwing duck, Feb 2, 2003.

1. darkwing duck

darkwing duck Senior Refuge Member

Florida Sportsmen Conservation Association will be having a YOUTH DAY at J.W. Corbett WMA FEB 15th from 10am-4pm. It is a great day for the whole family. $5 admission. Youth day is designed to introduce children of all ages to the many activities available in the great outdoors through hands on experience.

We will have swamp buggy rides, guided trail hikes, canoeing, archery, .22 rifle shoot, wildlife demonstration, fishing, airboat display and demonstration, muzzle loading demonstration.Eddie Eagle NRA Safety film, conservation exhibits, and a working waterdog demonstration courtesy of Capt. Jeff. Admission includes ALL activities (food and refreshments available)

ENTRANCE is at the SOUTH gate and the event is held in and around YOUTH CAMP.................

For INFO call
    (561) 744-5855
    (561) 627-6523

2. wildcat

wildcat Senior Refuge Member

Dennis,

Let me know if there is any way for Delta to help out with the event.

This sounds like a great day for the kids :)

3. darkwing duck

darkwing duck Senior Refuge Member

All chapters are welcome and there will be a DELTA table there. Any help manning the table will be appreciated. Several of the members of the Everglades chapter wil be there. ALL are welcome

4. Floridaboy

Floridaboy Moderator Moderator

Hope you had a good turnout.

5. Mehrenfl

Mehrenfl Senior Refuge Member

I went and I had a great time. It looks like there was a great turnout. Those are a great group of guys there. I pulled my boat up there to display and my axle slipped on that bumpy road going into Corbett. A couple of their members had my trailer up on a jack and had it fixed before I even had a chance to worry on how I was going to get it home.

Their members also built 25 wood duck boxes for The Everglades Chapter of Delta Waterfowl. They also went and put them out for us today. Thanks guys!!!

6. wildcat

wildcat Senior Refuge Member

Yes, a big thanks goes out to the Florida Sportsmen Comservation Association. :)

They have been a true friend to Delta Waterfowl here in Florida. Hopefully we can continue to partner up with them on upcoming projects and events.