Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Youth Hunt Feb 7th & 8th

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by CutTheDrake, Jan 23, 2009.

1. CutTheDrake

CutTheDrake Elite Refuge Member

The youth hunt has been one of my favorite parts of duck season for the last 5 years. I've been taking a couple of yutes for those years but the last one finally turned 16 last month.
    I have one shooter and one spectator (too young) lined up for this year. I was thinking about getting several together to hunt Swan Creek this year. Now before you groan about the location this place is a good place after two weeks of rest and the youths should get some shooting in.
    I wanted to ask if anyone would be interested so I can try to line up boats and blinds to cover who might be interested. I also thought we could have a shore lunch or brunch in the parking lot if not to cold. We could work together to make sure the experience is a good one for our future hunters.
    Any youth that will hunt needs to ALREADY be familiar with the gun they will use. Each adult can carry two youths per license. They have to be 15 or younger.

Please reply here with ideas or pm me.

Thanks!

2. DUCKN8R

DUCKN8R Elite Refuge Member

yalls blind is off the mark,,,,,its tryin to float to mine,,lol

3. CutTheDrake

CutTheDrake Elite Refuge Member

Thanks! Not my blind but do have some decoys around it. I'll let them know its off the mark.

4. DUCKENSTEIN

DUCKENSTEIN Senior Refuge Member

Just holler at me if you get more youths than adults. I am always up for taking the future of the sport out. Some of my most memorable hunts have been the youth hunts. Like nator said I heard 16 was in the middle of the field.