Youth Hunt

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by LarryA, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Fyrestorm

Fyrestorm Guest

True...............:D

2. uncleD

uncleD Senior Refuge Member

Seriously,

What about a day before season and one at the end?

Duke

3. darkwing duck

darkwing duck Senior Refuge Member

WHAT if we just took a kid with us every weekend that we could, would solve the whole problem:) :)

4. wildcat

wildcat Senior Refuge Member

Its seems that the majority of people dont want to see the Youth Hunt changed. It seems like only a small group of guys within UW want the change to happen. Doesnt UW poll its members before making any type of public policy, has this been done??

I still dont see anything wrong with the current youth hunt. As CJ had stated before, If it isnt broke, then why try to change it??

Or is UW just looking for something to do to make them look productive in a time of current unproductivity??

5. uncleD

It seems that two hunts would give the kids more chances and for those folks in the South, less mosquito.

Don't worry UW has plenty of irons in the fire. ;)

Duke

6. Floridaboy

Floridaboy Moderator Moderator

For those opposed to the change:

What is the purpose of a designated day for Youth only to hunt?

If it is just another day in the field then I would agree with your positions.

What I witnessed from the Goodwin hunt was NEW duck hunters taking advantage of the hunt.

7. Floridaboy

Floridaboy Moderator Moderator

Is that what you consider your DW projects?

8. uncleD

What about it? Split the youth hunt to one day up front and a day at the end.

Duke

9. uncleD

10. Double Beard

Double Beard Refuge Member

Jeeze, you guys act like the Youth Hunt weekend is the only good time to take kids hunting. Why doesnt everyone take a kid at least once a month with them during regular season. Everyone knows a neighbors kid or someone at work that has kids. Take a kid every month that has never been before. Then it wouldnt matter when the "Special" hunt was. Is it really that important to carry your shotgun on every hunt. No. Let the kids shoot. Teach them the how and whys. You cant do that when you are shooting too. Go to your local pawn shop and buy a cheap shotgun for them to use. Make them feel like you are doing it just for them, instead of making them feel like they are just being took along.
    This is what I try to do, and believe me the looks on the kids faces more than make up for what I might have missed by hunting without them.