Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Youth Hunt

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by dkhntin, Sep 23, 2000.

1. dkhntin

dkhntin Senior Refuge Member

I got the chance to hunt today with IDBRIAN and his soon to be step son Adam. I took my son Dylan and we had a great time. We even had a little sucess on Canada's.

Thanks Brian and Adam next time I will do the work.

------------------
    Wings Set!!!
    Dkhntin

2. Peregrine

Peregrine Elite Refuge Member

Glad your hunt went well. I didn't get to go out. My friend's son decided that ducks didn't sound all that exciting. His loss.

Peregrine

3. idux

idux Senior Refuge Member

What a Hoot, it was my sons first duck hunt and he shot his limit.The youth hunt is a great idea. He probably learned more that day then I did in my first few seasons. I was able teach him the best time to shot so he won't lose the duck, the range of his shotgun,(at first he thought it had the range of a rifle). He learned a little more about calling and had a great time.

4. IDBrian

IDBrian Senior Refuge Member

We had a great time Paul. Hopefully the geese will cooperate a little better next time. I took Adam and his cousin out for ducks yesterday and had an outstanding hunt. They each got their limit of ducks and his cousin shot his first goose. Total bag for the day - 10 mallards, 1 drake widgeon, 1 hen gadwall and 2 smilin' mallards (oops) and one honker. Absolutely great day. I think it is safe to say I've hooked a couple of young kids on waterfowling. Lots and lots of ducks in the area too.

[This message has been edited by IDBrian (edited 09-25-2000).]

5. Bird Boy

Bird Boy Guest

Where did you all go for the Youth Hunt?

6. IDBrian

IDBrian Senior Refuge Member

Bird Boy,

We hunted Fort Boise WMA. Unfortunately, once the regular season opens it gets a lot more crowded. We pretty much had the place to ourselves for the youth hunt. The birds were VERY cooperative. Wish it was like that during the regular season.