Youth hunt!

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by wooduckman, Sep 25, 2004.

1. wooduckman

wooduckman Senior Refuge Member

Being this the the first year that I cant do the youth hunt,:( , me and my buddy we would take his little brother and his friend out and call for them etc... Anyways, we got a limit of ducks by 7. There were a ton of ducks out there. I also video taped the whole thing and some of turned out great. I am going to try and videotape a lot more hunts this year, because they are a lot of fun to watch when you get home! We didnt see any honks which is a bummer, but were also out of there by 7:30, so who knows. How did the rest of you do? Heath

2. FishingFool46456

FishingFool46456 Senior Refuge Member

good job Heath, Couldnt get out this morning do to work, but gonna chase some honkers with my friends bro tomorrow.

3. GRENHDKILR

GRENHDKILR Elite Refuge Member

Nive job we were not so lucky we ended up with only 1 duck and 1 goose if my kids could have shot today they should have had at least 7 ducks and a goose hopefully they can shoot tommorw we are going to try it again:tu

4. Luv2Decoy

Luv2Decoy Senior Refuge Member

There seemed to be lots of ducks in the area. We had 4 bunches decoy in zero for 4 shooting but it was lots of fun. Since my son will not read this I can tell it, 1st bunch comes in circles 3 times, commits I tell him to take one, he stands up puts his foot on the box of donuts, picks it up, sets it back down on the milk carton, picks it up again thinks to himself that he will shot while standing on one leg. By this time I am ROTFLMAO. Only way it could of been better is to have it on tape. One of the joys of hunting with a 12 yr old.

5. huntgeeseya

huntgeeseya Senior Refuge Member

Didnt see 1 honker all weekend only called in 1 flock of ducks and got 1 shot and a good sized hen