Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Youth hunt

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by callshy, Feb 8, 2005.

1. callshy

callshy Senior Refuge Member

It's that time of year again. Looking for a good pond to take a 8 year old boy and 11 year old girl to shoot some ducks Saturday morning. Can anyone help me out? I really do not want to take them to the lake but guess I will if push comes to shove. Thanks.

2. DUCKENSTEIN

DUCKENSTEIN Senior Refuge Member

I don't have a pond but I am pretty sure our blind is open that morning until we take it out and I also have a decent line on some geese. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. callshy

Well never found a pond to take the kids to so we had to go to the lake. It was the best hunt that I had ever been on. We hunted one spot until 7:30 and only had 6 birds come in and 0 shots were fired. I decided to move and went to another spot and the action was non-stop. While I was sitting out decoys birds were trying to land. This went on until noon when we decided to leave our stuff and go for some lunch. When we go back we had no morre than popped the blind up and birds were coming in. We had a beautiful drake pintail land in the decoys and they were not able to fire a shot. They did end up shooting at some other pintails that worked in but missed. We had greenwings, bluewings, bluebill, ringnecks, gadwalls, mallards, shovelers, buffleheads, pintails, and mergansers all in range. I could have probably filled a 55 gallon drum by myself. Anyway, the kids fired 48 shots and had a great time even though only 3 birds were killed. Man I was fired up.

4. gvilledux22

gvilledux22 Refuge Member

Callshy,

we saw a bunch of birds too, but only got a greenhead and a goose. what part of the lake were yall on

5. DUCKN8R

DUCKN8R Elite Refuge Member

wow,,,now that sounds like my shootin there,,maybe i should hunt with them more

glad yall all had a great time,,,thats what it is all about

6. DOzier99

DOzier99 Senior Refuge Member

Sounds like a good one callshy

7. callshy

Yeah, we got about 1.5 hours worth of video out of it. It is funny to listen to there excuses after they miss.

8. DOzier99

DOzier99 Senior Refuge Member

:l :l :l

I'm sure I could give them some new ones!!

9. BerettaBoy

BerettaBoy Senior Refuge Member

He can't help that he shoots like his dad. Maybe his Uncle Callshy should give him some tips. :D