youth hunt

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by PRE79, Mar 19, 2005.

1. PRE79

PRE79 Senior Refuge Member

well is anyone taking any of the young guns out for the youth hunt??? im going to take my neihbor out he is 12 i brought him to pattern his gun today ,ready to kill!!!!

2. rouser1

rouser1 Senior Refuge Member

Iowa....juuuuust a bit outside West Des Moines
    I'm taking my 14 year old nephew for his first hunt. His dad is coming along to watch and learn. Both of them have a strong intrest, it should be alot of fun.

I'm taking another friend out for his first turkey hunt, though he isn't by any means a youth, I really can't wait to see him on his first turkey hunt.

3. AL390

AL390 Elite Refuge Member

I'm taking my son on our youth hunt. He went with me last year and he was ready to leave after 30 minutes (the thunderstorm had something to do with it).

4. PRE79

PRE79 Senior Refuge Member

i definetly cant wait it should be fun to see a kid get his first turkey hopefully everything pans out

5. duckcommander 101

duckcommander 101 Elite Refuge Member

I will be the pseudo guide again for my 14 and 15 year old sons, they have been at it since they were 12 (legal age here in MI) and have both had some great hunts thus far.

They applied as a aprty and were drawn for the first week in our chosen hunting area and we'll be out there the week of April 18th looking for a couple toms.

Both of my sons killed turkeys before I did, (took me eight years) took them all of 45 minutes on day one for the oldest, 3 hours on day one for the youngest.

6. RB55

RB55 Senior Refuge Member

I'm taking my Daughter down to SC to hunt with a friend and his Son the 26th of March. I'll take my Son the opening day in NC. We don't have a youth turkey day yet.
    RB

7. huntinkid

huntinkid Elite Refuge Member

there isn't a youth turkey hunt in Indiana. I would like to hunt Ky's youth hunt someday, but I don't have a Ky license.

8. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

I donate my guided youth hunt every year. This year is no diff.

Can't wait!

Doug

9. talk2em

talk2em Senior Refuge Member

I will be takeing both of my sons out this year, the oldest is 5 and the youngest one is 3. My 5 yr old can't wait, he isn't quite able to walk the whole day so I pack light for the hike out. My 3 yr old will get to "hunt" mostly before the season listening for gobbles. I get out there camo the night before we go "hunting"...scouting...set their alarm clock get em up early get the bag of donuts and let em eat till they go back to sleep...we absolutely have a ball. I called in several jakes last year and my then 4 yr old was hooked after that. I took a couple of birds last year, unfortunately he wasn't there on those trips, I can't wait for the 1st bird with him there and his first bird.

It will be another couple of years before I let the older one shoot, but he goes stride for stride most of the time. Is there anything more fun than takeing a youngster on a hunt?

10. Dove Commander

Dove Commander Elite Refuge Member

i prolly take a 15 year old girl, she been wantin to go and youth weekend is next weekend here in tennessee, i am worried though if she kills 1, if the turkeys will pan outta area?