Youth hunts?

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by coreythegoosekilla, Aug 9, 2003.

1. coreythegoosekilla

coreythegoosekilla Senior Refuge Member

Who goes to em?

It just wouldn't be the same without em if ya ask me. I go with my older bro everyyear and i'll get a couple of my hunting buddies to tag along with me. We usually kill out, if we don't run out of shells:mad: , and then we go to the "hot spot" were we saw ducks and bag em on opening day.

Might be a stupid question but do all states have youth hunts?:confused:

Corey:nutz :nutz :nutz :nutz

2. Woodduck31

Woodduck31 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

we have them here in idaho!!! My buddy has limited out every year he has been available, and he is going to take me there this year... I tell you how i do, it is toward the end of september.... the only thing bad about it is the birds arent very pretty

3. Alrik-MN

Alrik-MN Senior Refuge Member

Youth hunts are alwayz awesome. this year im to old to go though. Gonna hafta find a youngun to tag along w/.

4. Woods

Woods Senior Refuge Member

Iowa has a youth season.But i'm too old to do it anymore. This year i am however old enough to take someone out. Pretty much wood ducks (usually their peak migration time) are shot with a few mallards.

5. Jump shooter 2

Jump shooter 2 Senior Refuge Member

We have em here in Jersey and it should be prewtty fun considering this is my first that im really ganna be knowing what im doin. I cant wait, theres always plenty of ducks aorund to keep the barrels blazing

6. Migr8tor

Migr8tor Senior Refuge Member

Theres a weekend in IL that is for youth only that is about 2 weeks before the season duck opener and there is a goose hunt in So IL in Dec. and I think A duck hunt in No. IL in Nov.

7. Flutterin'_Wings

Flutterin'_Wings Elite Refuge Member

2 weeks before opener...one day. i go to them, i like them cause there isnt any pressure of other hunting members.