Youth Long bow

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by O2BDUCKHUNTN, Aug 9, 2006.

1. O2BDUCKHUNTN

O2BDUCKHUNTN Elite Refuge Member

Central Texas Chapter of Ducks Eliminated
    Its been quite a few years since I bow hunted, back in the mid 80's as a matter of fact. I havent even thought about getting back into it until the other day my 8 year old grandson made the statement that he wanted to learn about archery...I just blew it off until I saw him looking at bow hunting shows, reading mags etc. He told me over the week-end that he didnt want a bow with pulleys, ie compound he wanted a long bow. Now my question to you pros is Where can I get a youth long bow at ? Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated.:clap :z

2. Blue Duck

Blue Duck Elite Refuge Member

Keep an eye on ebay. Usually quite a few on there...

3. O2BDUCKHUNTN

O2BDUCKHUNTN Elite Refuge Member

Central Texas Chapter of Ducks Eliminated
    Thanks for the Idea on Ebay:tu

4. BurnZ

BurnZ Refuge Member

I would suggest taking him to a local archery shop. they will give him a few bows and have him shoot them to see what feals the most comfortible. From my experience most local places don't pressure you very had to buy on that day either. They will let you shoot for a while, then just say we need to think about it, and come back another day shoot some more and make a final decision. You might also want to see if there is more than one take him to a couple and see what kinds of bows the different shops suggest. The most important part is that the bow feals comfortible to him. And the only way to find that out is to shoot a bunch of different models.

Hope that helps

BurnZ