Youth Mouth Calls

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by Big AL64, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Big AL64

Big AL64 Refuge Member

The other post about mouth calls made me ask this question. I have a very narrow pallet and could not use any mouth call for many years, and i tried most all of them. tried bending them, cutting them down, dome calls etc. Then a friend told me to try the HS Strut small frame calls for youth. BINGO!! within an hour I was making yelps,purrs,cackles,clucks,kee kee runs etc. The question is. Does any other call maker offer small frame or youth calls? HS Strut only makes 3 youth calls and I am looking for some more variety.

2. blackmagic

blackmagic Senior Refuge Member

I couldn't use a standard frame call and I tried them all...then a buddy got me the HS Strut youth and bingo. Since then I found Hooks small frame calls and they're all I use. I think it's the JR Intimidator that's my favorite.

3. Greenhead Rocker

Greenhead Rocker Elite Refuge Member

Several make youth calls. Knight and Hale makes a couple. Hooks has several. Zink has one. Woohaven has 3-4. H.S. has some. Perfection has some. I think Primos has one also, but it's not called a youth model. Lots of them out there. Just have to search and try them out. Just like reg. frames...not all will work for everyone. I've got a buddy that uses smaller calls and he loves the Hook's line.

4. Big AL64

Big AL64 Refuge Member

Thanks guys, I knew that there had to be some other makers that made small frames. I will check them out.

5. #1DUCKWHACKER

#1DUCKWHACKER Senior Refuge Member

Your welcome:tu