Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Youth Turkey hunt

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by salthunter, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Hambone

Hambone Elite Refuge Member

A very sad state of affairs. I can't believe the motorized vandalism I have seen recently. Total disregard for landowners, forest service regulations etc. I hike every week, in some pretty remote areas, most closed to motorized vehicles. They just ignore the signs and you can't go anywhere they haven't been. I have to pack out some atv'rs beer cans every where I go. There should be places for people to ride but it should be controlled. Right now it is out of control.

2. Woodduck31

Woodduck31 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I hate the guys going past the gates on 4 wheelers, I can't fault the guys that run the roads legally, although I can't imagine them ever getting a bird that way. I was hunting with another fuger about 3 years ago, we hiked about straight up behind a gated road, must have gained over 1000 feet in just a couple of miles, the hike was brutal, only to find a motorcycle parked right under the roost. We couldn't figure out why the birds weren't gobbling on that crisp clear morning till we found the motorcycle up there. I would have given anything to had a valve core wrench at the time.