Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Youth turkey hunt

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by IdaHowitzer, Apr 13, 2010.

1. IdaHowitzer

IdaHowitzer Elite Refuge Member

A productive youth turkey season I might say.

Twelve year old with his first- a jake. We had dad, sis, myself, and my buddy. We busted the boss-hen out of her roost and the boss Tom followed her in the morning. Wyatt was totally OK shooting a Jake. This guy came in with about 10-12 other jakes and he was taken out mid run.

[​IMG]

Ten year old sis wanted to shoot one herself and she got to skip school on monday. She drilled this tom with a .410 at 20 yards. He had a 9" beard and 7/8" spurs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Duck-Slayer

Duck-Slayer Elite Refuge Member

That is awesome, I don't know any youths too take out, But I will be headed out Thursday morning with cory and Don Mintz's two new fully flocked turkey decoys.... you can check them out over at the Decoy forum...
    D-S

3. reeltime

reeltime Elite Refuge Member

I'm absolutely loving those pictures of the young girl with her Tom! That's fantastic for both of them. I love the look of that country to. There is just something too cool about the way a Gobbler can materialize out of timber like that.:tu

4. Wally Dog

Wally Dog Senior Refuge Member

Great work.....smiles tell the tale!
    WD

5. IdaHowitzer

IdaHowitzer Elite Refuge Member

The smiles sure do... The 12 year old doesn't think it's cool to smile in hunting pictures but he did back-flips when he shot that bird. He certainly took to turkey hunting as he was willing to go out with me on opening day and hike 4 miles and over several hundred feet of elevation in search of gobblers DESPITE the fact that I told him he was backup shooter :dv (since adult season is open).

6. BenWa

BenWa Banned

Congrats. They are our future.:tu