Youth Weekend Report!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by duck killer, Jan 28, 2001.

1. duck killer

duck killer Guest

Hey everyone what all did you guys get?

I got 4 mallards and a gadwall

------------------

2. HunterNWyo

HunterNWyo Senior Refuge Member

I shot a beautiful red fox and 23 jackrabbits yesterday, and two coyotes this morning.

Oh... were you talking about ducks? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good shootin' duck killer.

In Wyoming, our youth weekend is the weekend before the season opens, which puts it sometime in September. Not that it really matters anymore since I'm too old. [​IMG]

3. duck killer

duck killer Guest

cool HunterNWyo

------------------

4. Canarda

Canarda Guest

Wow!! That sounds like alot of good hunting. Congratulations [​IMG] Incidentally, what exactly is a "youth week-end"?? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I've never heard that term before...

------------------
    [​IMG] Am I camoflauged??

marcy_marc7@hotmail.com

5. 1 shot kill

1 shot kill Moderator Moderator

Its just a weekend set aside for children 15 and under for seasons such as duck, pheasant, deer, and such. anybody over the age of 15 is not allowed to hunt this season unless they are hunting something else that is in season.

------------------
    "shoot 'em low"

6. HunterNWyo

HunterNWyo Senior Refuge Member

In Wyoming we have a youth weekend for duck and goose hunting and then a couple Saturdays set aside for youth to hunt pheasants. No youth days for big game, though.

Even though I'm too old by a few years, there's a couple kids I take out each year and set up my dekes and let them blast away at some ducks.

Since Jan 1 I've been hunting jackrabbits to sell to a taxidermist who uses them for jackalopes, and this afternoon I did a count and I found out that my total is up to 125. At $2.50 a piece that's not a bad deal. [​IMG]