Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

youtube.com hunting videos

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by GanderCommander, Mar 25, 2007.

1. GanderCommander

GanderCommander Senior Refuge Member

If you don't search this site already, there are some good and short hunting videos on there. The quality isn't the greatest on some of them, but most are 0k. I have gotten into goose hunting more over the years- geese are so vocal and can fly pretty erratically at times. Seen it many times as they are approaching the spread and this video does a good job showing geese flying this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSLJ8BHfHDg

2. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

Gander this is the plan for next season... I want to video some of the action and post her up on the fuge... no more kill pics I will just show the hole thing...:l atleast the good parts...

jake

3. casey_714

casey_714 Senior Refuge Member

that's a pretty cool video!

4. GanderCommander

GanderCommander Senior Refuge Member

I would like to start doing the same thing next season. Birds coming in, birds going down, dog making retrieve to hand- all makes for a great video and fun to watch years later. Problem is I am usually too busy shooting to be running the camera. If others would let me limit out first, then I could video their hunt. Fat chance of that happening. Also, how do you block out all of the background scenery so that I don't have to worry about you beating me to that spot the next time out. I have one great video that we watch once in awhile and sure brings back the best memories. I filmed a bunch of Jake's last youth hunt a few years ago. Fun to watch your son on camera, as he is picking up a goose that he just shot, saying he can't believe that he got a limit of drake mallards and two geese in an hour. Problem for me is that he is an even better shot today. I have to be the one to call the shot now to keep things fair. If he calls it, there will be two birds on the water before I even shoulder the gun.

5. Duck-Slayer

Duck-Slayer Elite Refuge Member

Idahofowlfeather we definetly need to get together some time now, I've been trying to make a video for two years now to put a video together I can never find anyone to help video tape, we need to put one together what do you say?
    D-S

6. Jacob Hyer

I'm game, really all I want to do it film it when the shooting is good, or when we are laying the hammer down on the G.E. you can take turns shooting video and then pick up the gun... so I'm game to film a little with ya... but remeber I don't hunt 30 miles away from my home...:l

Jake

7. Duck-Slayer

oki, deal, I will try to keep the hunts close to home. Let me know when your next day off is, I would like to meet you. If you don't mind I do alot of field hunting over this way towards Nampa mostly evenings though so I hope that works out for you.
    Matt

8. Jacob Hyer

nampa close...:l I have corn fields close to home but I would love to see the other side of town...:l I just given you a hard time about hunting away from home... I just never really needed to go any other place last year... very little pressure on the river so the birds just stayed around... as for the corn it sucked, didn't really have any great hunts but 1 and thats was a given since we had a little snow storm... but most of the time the night hunting was lame in the fields for me the ducks always came in late... I then moved to the river and just shot the late afternoon birds moving up and down the river...

jake

9. swampswimmingshrek

swampswimmingshrek Elite Refuge Member

Guys I will Video Tape while you shoot. I had fun trying to do it last year. I'm buying a new video camera this year. Lets all hook up.

10. Duck-Slayer

I'm down if Idahofowlweather is, that way we can make a video next year, Just for the heck of it and see if we can make some money on the side. I say bring it on, I have a computer to edit and burn the cd's and I have a hook up to print us stuff for advertisement.
    D-S