Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat.....

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by Mallets, May 27, 2017.

1. Mallets

Mallets Elite Refuge Member

I am beginning to think I am missing something here? After a gaining a couple of years of marsh experience is it mandatory to start up a youtube channel and post all of your hunts and give open mic nights so you can compare with the other NUBETUBE pro staffers?

Is it cool because of the duck commander popularity? Or is it that you need to measure up your Johnson and show everyone you can actually kill a duck? I guess I don't get it...Every time you post a video you are showing the entire world where you are duck hunting?

So to name a few...The Mallard Masher boys, The Whack-em and stack em crew, The Kansas Fisherwoman, The Tree Lance Duckhunters, The Carnage Crew, The Blood driven out of doors, The Flawed Reality, The Swamp Wreckers....Please leave the videos to the professional or at the very best please don't post them on the refuge for all of us to laugh at!

The shameless pimping of your NUBETUBE site..So you can make a million dollars from your channel is joke!

I am gonna blame GOPRO...And Macintosh for making it so easy to create and edit...After all most 6 year olds can figure it out~

2. nick b

nick b Senior Refuge Member

If you hunt public in KS it's pretty easy to tell where the guys are hunting in my experience

3. gadwall52

gadwall52 Elite Refuge Member

Lighten up Willis some of us enjoy seeing some of others hunts. If they're filming they're not shooting. Who cares if you can see they're at the bottoms, kdwp are pimping it out anyways.

Tuleman likes this.
  4. Greenhedges

Greenhedges Elite Refuge Member

Kind of nice to hear your old deceased dog whine in the blind and retrieve birds...

5. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

If you don't like the videos, don't watch 'em: that's my philosophy. Most of them I do not like and I don't watch them: clueless noobs, nothing but kill shots, poor filming, no conversation, terrible soundtracks, or just out-and-out amateur cinematography.
    But a few of them are downright entertaining....FDH is a good example. That's the only one I subscribe to.

6. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

I would not watch that stuff if it was the last thing on TV. I tried watching the outdoor channel once and found it appalling and about a 5th grade level. I absolutely hate the crap being posted/filmed these days. Brings out all the worst types to the outdoors in my opinion.

sylvanwilson, yankeegray and Tuleman like this.
  7. Mallets

I have nothing against watching a video or two I have made over the years to reminisce but....

When I do a search on NUBETUBE for " Kansas duck hunts " and I see a marsh that I have hunted for years and years....and couple of Jackwagons trying to kill a duck...well it pisses me off! Hunting public is hard enough with the internet and KDWPT and MDC posting kill numbers daily but to post your hunt on NUBETUBE for the sole purpose of stroking your ego...that is just stupid...

So go ahead continue posting your comical video's and maybe just maybe someday you will be a pro staffer or a guide or a famous duck killer like Phil or Willie...or maybe you will find about 16 cars at your lot and a bunch of other kazoo blowing NUBETUBERS trying to be just like you....LOL

Jeez and I thought tailgate photos were bad :)

8. FDH

FDH New Member

I think some of your concerns are worth consideration and discussing. Unfortunately, the toxic manner in which you deliver your message shuts down most people's ability to hear your voice, especially the one's whose behavior you wish to change.

Tuleman likes this.
  9. Mallets

Toxic definition: causing unpleasant feelings; harmful or malicious:

Never meant to be harmful or malicious but the unpleasant feelings most likely is accurate! If you are feeling guilty about your Nubetube channel it is most likely deserved!

We sunk our boat

10. KSRedleg

KSRedleg Elite Refuge Member

You might as well rage against the turning of the Earth because this is how young people roll these days. Everything they do is photographed, filmed, and posted on the net. You and I might not like seeing one of our over crowded public marshes on youtube. But short of outlawing it (ain't going to happen), how do you stop it?? Just another thing we have to put up with in the 21st century. And another reason I'm a curmudgeon who wishes he could go back to the late '80s and early '90s.

I believe I've seen a couple of FDH's videos. The one filmed on the last day of duck season should hopefully enlighten some of the new duck commander wannabes about the joys of public hunting.

GUNNERX2, Tuleman and yankeegray like this.