YoYo PVC Tent

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by Ole Mossy, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Ole Mossy

Ole Mossy Elite Refuge Member

Has anyone built those pyramid looking PVC things for holding YoYo's in a spot that doesnt have trees to tie to? I have seen people using them on the lakes and they seem to work well. I was wondering if I could get the demensions of the ones that you use. I know where I can get some PVC really cheap and I am thinking about trying to build some.

I built alot of those PVC catfishing jugs and used them this weekend and man they work great. Easy storage. They flag to let you know they have a fish on and also make a clacking sound when they bob up and down. I can fit 36 of them in a regular milk crate. Sure beat a big trash bag full of old style jugs.

OM

2. TWOTON

TWOTON Senior Refuge Member

Its easy.Make it out of 3/4 you have to play with the size.Make the base a square or retangle with a tee on each end.go up at the teeabout 8in?then an elbow.run a straight piece to the other elbow.This is what you hang the yo yo on.Some people put a screw in the middle to hold the yo yo.If I could post a picture I would but I think you will get the idea and can work it out .They are a hoot to fish with I caught a8lb Striper on one ,it looked like a paddle wheel running inthe water. :)

3. Ole Mossy

Thanks TWOTON

I am going to play with it. I like that idea and will probably go with that.

I was wondering if just a T on one end of the base would be enough to hold it. The water and the sinking of the base will take a little pressure off the pipe and would save a little material and money, especially when you build around two dozen or so.

I was so happy with the way the jugs worked that I want to try these now.

OM

4. TWOTON

TWOTON Senior Refuge Member

I've seen some with a 45 tee that work good just remember to keep the yo yo in the middle of the square. :sp

5. Ole Mossy

I finished my first prototype. I used the 45's on top and worked pretty good.

OM