Yukon Delta NWR video

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by Chris Nicolai, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Chris Nicolai

Chris Nicolai Elite Refuge Member

2. NWRINGNECK

NWRINGNECK Elite Refuge Member

WOW Great stuff........... very sobering to think about the impact that area has on the rest of the world.

OK, where is your 1st fav place?

3. grnhd

grnhd Elite Refuge Member

What did you do there for 15 summers? And ditto on your favorite place on earth?

4. Brdhntr47

Brdhntr47 Elite Refuge Member

Great. Thanks for posting.

Dennis

5. Chris Nicolai

Chris Nicolai Elite Refuge Member

Brad, my favorite place is kind of similar, but is a bit more like the days we spent together this past winter!

I was there working in that 10-mile zone of the highest productivity. I did my MS and PhD out there. That refuge is a gem for waterfowl. SPEI nesting with NSHO, EMGO with GWFG, etc. Deafening bird sounds 24 hours a day. Won't be up there this summer since I'm dealing with my hunting dog which just reproduced 2 weeks ago.

6. Chen_caerulescens

Chen_caerulescens Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Nicely done video, really focuses on the non-game species on the Refuge. It would be great to see a 15-20 minute film of that caliber that focuses on waterfowl use and production from that Refuge. I spent four summers working on waterfowl projects on the western edge of the refuge (highly productive area). Absolutely amazing area like Albifrons said, kind of have to experience it to really appreciate the sheer volume of birds in this area. I also spent 6 more summers on the far eastern fringe of the refuge working at a fishing lodge. Not near the density of waterfowl, but still an amazing wild area. I remember the first time I saw Pacific C. Eiders, Spectacled Eiders, King Eiders, Emperor Geese, Black Brant and more on one wetland. I have to get back out there again with a good camera. Stimac, put up some of those great pictures of yours again:pra

7. Pitboss

Pitboss Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

8. sprigkiller09

sprigkiller09 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Good videography of one of my favorite places. One of the harshest, rugged and awesome areas I have ever experienced. I did my masters research/USFWS nest plot survey's up there in June of 09-11. I think about this place daily. I will get back up there some day but until then I have some pretty awesome pics to look back on. These dont come close to Stimac quality but it will give you the idea.

[​IMG]Uploaded with ImageShack.com

9. sprigkiller09

sprigkiller09 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Good videography of one of my favorite places. One of the harshest, rugged and awesome areas I have ever experienced. I did my masters research/USFWS nest plot survey's up there in June of 09-11. I think about this place daily. I will get back up there some day but until then I have some pretty awesome pics to look back on.

10. D Stimac

D Stimac Moderator Moderator