Zeiss Conquest Scopes

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by twdjr, Apr 10, 2005.

1. twdjr

twdjr Elite Refuge Member

Anybody have one of these scopes and/or know of anyone who has one? If so, any opinions on them? I'm still in the market for a scope for my .223. I'm considering either a 4.5-14 or 6.5-20 in a Zeiss Conquest or Leupold VX-III.

2. Ole Mossy

Ole Mossy Elite Refuge Member

I dont own one of their scopes, YET. But I do use their binos and I do sale alot of their scopes.

Not sure what you want to know about them. Very awesome glass, (German). You definitely cant go wrong with Zeiss. By far my favorite and will be purchasing one of their scopes to put on my next deer rifle.

OM

3. Duck Load

Duck Load Refuge Member

I have two Zeiss conquest scopes. One is 3x9x44 on a 270 and the other is 4.5x14x44 on a 243. I think that the right power and lens, but anyway I love em. I think the 3x9 has as good or better image than a 3x9 Kahles that i own. They cost less and i really like the no tool needed windage and elevation adjustment screws.

4. twdjr

I went out on a limb and bought a 4.5-14x50 Zeiss Conquest yesterday without never looking at one in person. I found a good deal on one. I should be receiving it sometime next week. I'll be mounting it on a Remington VSSF .223. I hope I made a good choice.

5. MallardAddict

MallardAddict Elite Refuge Member

Ima dyed in the wool leupold man and will honestly say they are just as god as the vxIII. Several of my friends and family shoot them due to a huge closeout deal they got and they are great scopes for the money. no they are not as good as the high end zeiss S&B or swarovski but for the price point they are right with the leupold VXIII's

6. weatherby

weatherby Moderator Moderator

I have looked thru a buddies and for the $ i don't think you would go wrong. He has had zero problems with his.

7. twdjr

I finally had time to go shot my new setup yesterday. The new Zeiss scope performed well. We'll see how it does over the long haul.