Zenfolio - Good or Bad

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by CamoHunter870, Oct 2, 2013.

1. CamoHunter870

CamoHunter870 Elite Refuge Member

Needing some input from fellow photographers that have experience with selling their photo's online.

Looking to go away from blogger into something that has better galleries, etc. and seem to be drawn to Zenfolio

Is Zenfolio the way to go or are there others out there?

:tu

2. Dizzy Duck

Dizzy Duck Elite Refuge Member

All of these sites have their pluses and minuses. It all depends on how much you are willing to pay for their services! I use Redframe but it's by far not cheap!

Jim

3. huntersdad

huntersdad Elite Refuge Member

I use SmugMUg and have been pretty pleased with them overall.

4. Dizzy Duck

Post a link to your site so he can evaluate it!

Mine are in my signature!

Dizzy

5. huntersdad

6. Dizzy Duck

Looks damn nice compared to some off the Smug Mug sites I've seen! I'd be happy with it!

No, it wasn't for me as I have seen your site long before now!!! It's just nice to see the sites and the way they perform while shopping for an image host!

Its nice when you suggest a host to post a link so folks don't have to look in the dark!!!

Image hosting is "Big Business" today and you just need to weigh the goodies to the price! I have never been all that impressed with Zenfolio although I have seen some nice sites where the owner was creative to improve the templates! Doing it in a "custom" way gives the photographer an individual identity! No one wants to look like "everyone else!

Dizzy

7. huntersdad

I will say, for the record, I worked with a "developer" on my site. A little pricey but much better looking and functional than what I had or could do by myself. SM allows a lot of customization if you have the time/understanding and are willing to put in the effort - neither of which I have. Creativity is not my strong point.

8. CamoHunter870

Thanks for the replies Jim & Brad

I like both your sites and wanting to have my own name on the website without smugmug or anything else like that on there so that's why I was looking at zenfolio and also squarespace.

I had forgot about smugmug so I'll see what pricing/options they have.

Brad
    What's the difference between your top link and bottom link? I see both are hosted by smugmug but the 2nd just has your name for the web addy which I want.

9. huntersdad

the way I linked it.

When I redid my site, I removed the wildlife stuff as the site is geared more towards family work. The wildlife is there, it's just hidden. You can find my site by typing www.bradipockphotography.com or bradipockphotography.com/wildlifeandnature.

10. CamoHunter870

Gotcha :tu

I see the different level's they have so I see that power and portfolio and up has your own domain.
    The price is about what I want to spend cause I'm trying to keep it below $150 a year.

I see smugmug uses bayphoto and other labs but can you use your own that you like? I've always had good luck with Adorama so would like to be able to pick my own photostore along with getting the best price on a certain product.

Thanks for the help