Zenfolio - Good or Bad

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by CamoHunter870, Oct 2, 2013.

1. huntersdad

huntersdad Elite Refuge Member

Unless they have changed something I missed, SM offers 2 levels - non-online sales and online sales. Basically, you can choose the lesser and not have a shopping cart or choose the higher and have one. I believe you can do self-fulfill either way.

2. Dizzy Duck

Dizzy Duck Elite Refuge Member

Redframe runs me about $280.00 a year plus I pay for my own domain and email as well! A problem with many sites is that they are tied into labs for fulfillment which I do not like! I use my own lab, "Millers" and have a professional account.
    Millers has served me well for the past 35 years and I will stay with them.

Jim

3. CamoHunter870

CamoHunter870 Elite Refuge Member

Redframe is alittle more then I'm wanting to spend Diz but thanks for the information and cost on it. Your site is definitely professional looking.

From some of the research I did today, SmugMug is $150 with them taking 15% I believe on sales while Zenfolio is $120 with them taking 12% of vendor filled sales and 4% on self-fulfilled sales which majority of mine I would say would be. SquareSpace is $192 and just 3% + 30 cents for each sale.

Each web host has a couple templates that I'm liking so I'll just need to do some more research and pull the trigger on one.

4. bbfky

bbfky Elite Refuge Member

I use http://www.exposuremanager.com/
    I has my own domain and I can do all my fulfillment myself and not use their lab, my lab is cheaper and much better. I can take several payment options but the last 3 years I take CCs directly so I don't pay anything to them outside of the hosting fee each year.

5. Mike Bons

Mike Bons Senior Refuge Member

I use zenfolio and I like it, but I really should spend more time customizing it. I really can't compare it to others as I have pretty much only used them, but their features work for me at a reasonable cost.

6. pbramble

pbramble Elite Refuge Member