Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Zettler need's a shield

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by oxbow hunter, Oct 9, 2005.

1. oxbow hunter

oxbow hunter Elite Refuge Member

I took Zettler on the boat to scout today. I think Bob's going to want a shield next time the carp where jumping all around the boat then one hit the side and boy did he get worked up then!!! :yes I had a good time hope you did to Bob. :tu

2. zettler

zettler Elite Refuge Member

I had a great time. So great, I am doing my laundry as I type - if you know what I mean! :z :eek:

And by the way, I checked the mileage on the way back - added the two together and the two fill-ups, and according to my son I got 24.9 MPG! I thing that tune-up helped!!!

And, yes, it was great time to get out, go on the River, see the Eagle (and nest), chase the Comorant (or at least he kept running in front of us), and having a great lunch in Havana. It looks like I got some sun too!

Thanks for the scouting trip and look forward to the season!

3. zettler

Here is how Dan paid for our gas:

[​IMG]

And here is the evidence of the four catapulted Carp after they touch-downed:

[​IMG]

4. Leland

Leland Elite Refuge Member<br>In Memory<br>12/12/61 - 02/

I have always wanted to see those fish fly I think it would be neat to blast them as they fly up .

5. CANME

CANME Elite Refuge Member

It is an amazing site and adventure to watch and fell them suckers. I know the first time I seen them I was like what the HELL was that. We have always wanted to try the shooting of them but motor has to been running with prop spinning to get them to jump so CPO's could write you a ticket. We have caught one with a fishing net once. You should have went down to Havana or Bath for that Redneck fishing tournament they had a couple weeks ago. The winner had 280ish in his boat when he returned to the ramp. I think they disposed of over 3000 that day. Im just glad they arent around during hunting season. That wouldnt be good running aroun 25 mph in the dark and get smoked by a 10# carp.

6. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member

I dont know much about these fish but why aren't they "around during hunting season"?
    I've had a few encounters with em on the Kaskaskia (summer & early Fall) & have always wondered when one may join me in the boat at 5am.

7. Greybeard

Greybeard Elite Refuge Member

I'de like to get into one of those dudes with my fly rod.

"FISH ON!!!......TARPON! TARPON!!"

8. LittandJake

LittandJake Elite Refuge Member

I got hit square in the chest by a ten pounder once at top speed of my buddies boat.

9. zettler

Now I know why you look that way! ;) :dv

10. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

While they are fun to watch, they are also dangerous. We have a lot down on the Wabash. First one I ever saw landed in the boat. Weighed in at 15 lbs. :z Took the g-kids and family juggin' a couple months ago and had one hit me square inthe side of the head hard enough to chip a tooth. Almost knocked me unconcious which could have been bad seeing that I was driving! :eek: Just be careful when being entertained by the flying fish!!!