Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Zettler's March on Atlanta!

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by zettler, May 11, 2008.

1. zettler

zettler Elite Refuge Member

I am currently sitting in the Bloomington, IL airport terminal waiting on my flight to Atlanta where I will bring my Dark Cloud to the Peach Tree State for five days...

Anyone wanna bet that the weather improves in Illinois and goes elsewhere down South?:dv

Anyway, I will be checking in occassionaly while doing the good work for all you Illinoisans so I hope you all have a great week - those poor people in Atlanta ahve no idea what wrath I bring with me... :z

It has been a long but amazing day and I wish all of the "Mother's out there a Happy "Mother's" Day!

2. feathhd

feathhd Elite Refuge Member

Looks as if you are right when you say mother nature is following you.:l

3. discusdad

discusdad Elite Refuge Member

it ain't illinois, now its montana, and glad of it
    they will wash and oil his feet and put a wreath on his head if he brings rain. its been about a 2 yr dry spell. hotlanta has been under water conservation measures for a year now. give them the floods oh annointed one.......ps leave the locusts at home

4. howard s.

howard s. Elite Refuge Member

Atlanta was burned down by orders of one ashole from the Springflied area and now BOB going to there.:eek: :eek: Lord help them.:z :z :z

5. zettler

I have arrived and the wind she be a blowin!

As soon as I walked out to cross the street for the hotel my Cabela's hat blew off!!!:eek:

We will try our darndest for the rain as I was sure in it this morning turkey hunting!!!:sp

I had 51+ MPH winds and was looking for Geraldo Rivera to come out of the woods with a live telecast covering Hurricane Bob what with sheet rain blowing horizontal over the field I was watching!!!:l

However, I would sure go for some pizza, chicken, burgers, BBQ, or the like as I am STARVED!!!:z

I was checking the Georgia Refuge forum to see about assistance on where to go or eat and they hadn't posted much in recent weeks...

Back at you tomorrow with a weather update!

6. Ga Woody

Ga Woody Senior Refuge Member

Zett, Atlanta is an awful big place especially when you factor in the traffic. PM me for good eats depending on where you are, but THE VARSITY is a must. The ATL ain't what it used to be but there is still some good here.

7. howard s.

Started a new thead on the Ga. site....please help me warn the state about Dark Cloud Bob.:z :z :z :z :dv

dar

8. zettler

God Bless you!

My biggest issue is NO WHEELS!!!:cry

I am so use to driving everywhere...

I am staying at the Renaisasance off North STreet and there is subway station nearby (I am tooooo poor for taxis) and have only two places I might hit up on while here - Bass Pro and Fry's Electronics - or ANY other good hunting store!:tu

Right now I am resting with my Coke and VO with some popcorn I just nuked in their microwave - I brought all my own (THANK GOD!).

I am not sure how much spare time I will have (all will be after 4:30 PM) but will try and get out once or twice since I am here through Friday and fly home on a late flight. Kids are home holding down the fort and hopefully all will be well until I return.

Thanks for the feedback!:clap

As for you Howard....:l

I FORGOT TO ADD THE WEATHER FOR ATLANTA - LINK

And tonight it says, "Wind Advisory in effect until midnight EDT tonight... "

And Rain is in the forecast for Wednesday through Friday night, clearing on Saturday...

9. howard s.

I help when I can.:dv :dv

10. zettler

Be careful Howard, this is what happened outside Atlanta when I arrived yesterday and I could be planning a visit, an EXTENDED visit to your neck of the woods real soon...:eek:

[​IMG]

And GA Woody,

Thanks for the tip about the Varsity as it is right across the street and I just had lunch there - BBQ pork and some of the best onion rings ever! And, it was FAR cheaper than here where a bottle of water in my room costs $5!!!:tu :tu

DO you think a person might not remember there is a bathroom, the room has glasses and there is an ice machine down the corridor? :h