Zimmerman ordered back to jail bail revoked

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by Yuma Visitor, Jun 1, 2012.

1. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Could you please note the author of the following?

2. Yuma Visitor

Yuma Visitor Senior Refuge Member

There was more then enough probable cause for an arrest . I stood by that statement then and I will stand by that now . I was always for the arrest and Zimmerman to be brought to justice and that is what is happening now . We will see if the evidence brought by the state is enough to convict him after the state presents ALL it's evidence . I repeat in the Debates we had it was in reference to the PC and facts we had for an arrest not to let him just walk which I was totaly against . Is that clear ?

3. Yuma Visitor

I also admire the President when he reached out to the family of Trayvon he was speaking as a Father and a parent and put it on a personal level not as the President but what he felt inside . Make of it what you want but it showed his compassion as a person .

4. okie drake

Make what you want of things indeed, both the president's comments and your own.

Regardless of your chosen definition at the time, you don't know to this day that M was 'jammed up'.

You don't know to this day that Z had 'no business contacting him'.

Regarding the actual confrontation--indicating criminal activity by a or both parties, as opposed to noncriminal suspicion and following---you don't know to this day who made 'contact'.

Acting as if that's intelligible english, I'll respond by noting that being attacked would potentially be a very good reason for self defense by an armed individual against an unarmed one. And furthermore, by noting that a former LEO should know better than anyone, saying as little as possible is almost always the best move for a civilian...innocent, guilty, or otherwise. After all, he could be dealing with an officer holding views like you've expressed here.

What would be difficult to prove? Guilt or innocence that you claim to have made no conclusions about?

Again you're confronted with your own words. They continue to speak for themselves. You would do well to recognize that assumed conclusions don't become appropriate or not based on whether they're for Z as guilty or innocent. Dang truth, it doesn't bend to your preconceived notions any better or worse than it does to racist white men.

5. Yuma Visitor

The State after taking over the bad investigation found enough through further investigation to take Zimmerman to court . I always felt there was PC to arrest and present the case to a jury . This has apparently been done . May conclusions with what I have seen apparently match what the State of Florida believes, that there is enough evidence to present to a Jury . Let the rule of Law prevail

6. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Never-the-less Obama's action was very much un-presidential. Compassion is nice, but what we need is leadership and wisdom. Obama was elected to be the President of the entire country and not just a select group.

7. Yuma Visitor

It is a good thing to have a President who shows compassion for a family who suffered a very tragic event . It is a very good trait to have in a leader of a nation and he expressed it on this occasion . What selected group ? He has shown leadership and has lead this country and its very diverse population the one which elected him . His very public statement showed he is a very caring individual . What was un-presidential by displaying his feelings . He consoled a family in a time of trajedy as did many in this nation who also displayed thier sympathy and sent messages to the Martins of condolence .

8. Native Arkie

Native Arkie Elite Refuge Member

But, where was his "compassion" for the white families that had children killed by groups of blacks? There have been several of those crimes committed since his "companssion" was displayed on the news. And, just to show you I'm not racist, where was his "compassion" shown for the children in Chitcago (his "hometown") that have been killed by gang violence standing on their front porch?

"Compassion" my ***...........that was nothing more than a publicity stunt. Just like the "Beer Summit" after he stepped on his crank over the racist Harvard professor incident. To say it was "compasson" is a complete lie. And everyone can see that. If you don't, you are blind.

9. okie drake

One can quite easily post your own comments in argument with yourself. That's telling. Even more that such doesn't even give you pause.

So 'present the case to a jury' is this?--
    Yep, identical.

Answer the question, prove what? Note, you contest that you've already made conclusions and instead said you're waiting. So, what is this justice that will be hard to prove?

Consider the following before you answer:
    Eight other black youths were gunned down that same night. Where was the compassionate president noting they looked like his potential children? Must you know the race of who shot them to answer? Must he?

Can you honestly read back over our exchanges and maintain your stances?

How do you make yourself do that?

10. Yuma Visitor

My statement when I said " I do not think justice will prevail " was before the State Investigators took charge and found evidence and salvaged a case trampled by the P.D. I felt more confidence after thier look that a proper case would be presented and sure enough there was an arrest and a trial will take place that will more clearly prove guilt or innocence. Sanford P.D. as you know has a record that leaves a lot to be desired prior to this case and for sure now after the State stepped in .It showed they were incompetent to get the case filed . Now is that clear ? Okie Drake what were the circumstances involving these other deaths ? Was it known by the President ?I was unaware as well what are you talking about ? His statement showed the family his personal pain that he shared with them . What about it ? I have no problem with my stance . I am so glad that a competent Law Enforcement Agency stepped in . Also it appears a good team of D.A.'s has taken charge .