Zinger VS Bumper Boy

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by TRUENORTH, Aug 21, 2006.

1. mad_angler

mad_angler Senior Refuge Member

I like the idea of the winger:
    - it doesn't require a pop so I can use it everywhere
    - it can through ducks and bumpers

BUT, what do I do if my dog needs help and can't find the mark???

2. DKR

DKR Senior Refuge Member

I wanted to second the Gunners Up they have a great product and are really good to the game.

Personal Opinion: Wingers are much more versatile and cheaper in the long run.

3. ntropy

ntropy Elite Refuge Member

Rich

What is involved with getting the bumper boy remote to operate the son of a gun?

4. Gunners Up

Gunners Up Guest

The BB Electronics adaptor is a wire harness that plugs into the "Motion" plug in on the advanced sound electronics and then the GU winger plugs into the wire harness. We also include several pieces of heavy duty velcro so you can attache the electronics to both the BB and GU without having to carry out both launchers into the field. It really solves the old conundrum of having to buy another set of electronics if you already own a BB.

Thanks,

Rich

5. djansma

djansma Senior Refuge Member

do like I did get both! there are times for both I do think the bumper boy make them better markers and the wingers do a better job of getting them ready for tests and trials
    the dog is the cheapest part of this game
    David Jansma

6. ntropy

ntropy Elite Refuge Member

Is there a wiring diagram or instructions in the owners manual. You may have just sold another unit.:grvn

7. 2blackdogs

2blackdogs Senior Refuge Member

mad angler
    With wingers (I use Gunners up) you will have sound (duck call) with the Dogtra or TT receivers that you can use to help get or keep a dog in the area of fall. If I'm working with a young dog that I'm trying to extend or if I feel the mark may be a little above the dog I place 2 Gunners up at that station so I can launch a second bird if necessary. I use to use multiple throw launchers but now only use wingers. But, with wingers a 4wheeler is a valuable tool for reloading.

2blackdogs

8. Gunners Up

Gunners Up Guest

There is a wiring diagram and instructions for the BB Adaptor Kit. It is plug and play, very straight forward. Please keep in mind that the BB Adaptor Kit is sold seperately from the actual launcher. Cost is $30.00 for the kit.

Thanks,

Rich

9. Mike Boufford

Mike Boufford Elite Refuge Member

For every day use with birds, the Zinger Winger is the way to go. Bumper Boy has a definite advantage for water work when you want to use bumpers only. The down side to Bumper Boy for us HRC folks is that you get a report from the launch site, which you won't get at an HRC hunt test. That said, I am in the market for a few gently used Derby Doubles to supplement the gear.

I'm a big time Zinger fan. Mine have been through the mill and just keep on working. I recently camo painted mine so that they blend in with the terrain better. Having blinds will work to cover them as well as well but I train by myself a lot so the less I have to carry the better off that I am. My experience is that regardless of whether they launcher of choice is black coated or bare aluminum, they tend to shine too much. Flat camo paint comes very close to blending them into the wood work.

10. mad_angler

mad_angler Senior Refuge Member

I couldn't help myself. I ordered an SOG with Dogta electronics. One winger will help but it will only get me so far. I'll have to ask for another one for my birthday...

I'll issue an update in a few weeks after using it a bit...