Zinger VS Bumper Boy

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by TRUENORTH, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Goosehunterdog

Goosehunterdog Elite Refuge Member

Congrats on your purchase!!!! I have an application to carry Gunner Up because I used them foir the first time at a hunt test and they are top notch.I plan on owning a couple sometime because of the price and quality.I also like the Dogtra electronics.I have the tri-Tronics on my wingers and let me tell you it is much better then yelling down at my wife after a miss throw.Congrats again on your purchase,have fun and happy training!!!!:tu

2. WestTex

WestTex New Member

But don't the dogs key off the sound of a Winger too? If I can hear a Winger go off I know the dogs can hear it. I've heard it doesn't take long for a dog to figure out what the sound of a Winger means. That said... I vote for Bumper Boy. I have 4 Four Shooters and they work great. If you want to use real birds, just plant a bird in front of the area where the will land. My dog will pick that bird up every time when I do this.

3. Mike Boufford

Mike Boufford Elite Refuge Member

Depends on how close your marks are. Some times they do, but most times they do not because they can't hear them. I had that happen today with a north east wind.

Personally, I would rather have the dog mark the bird in the air than have a bird sitting out where the bumper is supposed to land. Even a bumper boy will have variability due to wind conditions. I've seen enough variable wind speeds to note a 5-10 yard variation in landing area. Maybe that doesn't matter to you but it matters to me. I want the dog to mark and bring back what it sees, not a substitute that was laying nearby.

Bumper boys are great for using just bumpers, but from a versatility standpoint, I'll take my Zingers any day of the week.

So, anybody got a few used derby doubles that they might be willing to part with for a reasonable price???? :dv

4. Misty Marsh

Misty Marsh Elite Refuge Member

I'd like to carry Gunners Up here in Canada, but after repeated attempts to get a dealer package from them which has not happened for some reason, I've gone with the others ZW, RT, and BB. Too bad as I think that they would sell when compared to the direct competition, but:nutz O-well. True North if you need a price from a Canadian supplier let me know, as long as it's ZW, RT, or BB that your looking at?

5. Mike Boufford

Mike Boufford Elite Refuge Member

I'ved used both Zinger and Gunner's Up. My personal preference is the Zinger Winger. I think that you are selling the better product, but that's just my opinion and preference.