Zinger Winger band question???

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by Anna, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Anna

Anna Senior Refuge Member

I noticed on my Zinger Winger Field Trialer this evening that immediately below one of the round attaching rings, the rubber has a slit in it. Have any of you guys used the rubber tubing from Lowe's? Or, would it be better for me to cut the two inches of rubber off that has the slit in it and replace the attaching ring?

Thanks in advance...:tu

2. Mike Boufford

Mike Boufford Elite Refuge Member

I've been getting replacement tubing through Zinger so I've never used the tubing at Lowe's, but I will look into it. What section is it in, and to ask a stupid question, what kind of elasticity does it have? I looked into vacuum tubing but found that it has almost no elasticity at all.

Take some extra tie straps into the field in case you get a break and trim the end off.

3. lakerat

lakerat Senior Refuge Member

Gun dogs on line has replacements I bout 3 sets for 19.00 each

4. Capt Terry

Capt Terry Elite Refuge Member

Snip off about a half inch and take it to a medical & sugical supply outfit. They can order it for you by the roll for a lot cheaper than you will find it anywhere else.

5. Misty Marsh

Misty Marsh Elite Refuge Member

Medical grade tubing is not the same quality and does not perrform as well as the "good stuff" that comes OE on most of the quality store bought wingers now on the market. 7/16- 1/2" diameter 99% pure natural mandrel formed latex tubing that is black in color is the best for wingers! The black color helps resisit UV breakdown by the sun. I sell the good stuff for $1.30 USD /ft, but I'm sure other vendors carry it also.

6. KwickLabs

KwickLabs Elite Refuge Member

There is a product called 303 Aeorospace Protectant which is designed to deal with UV degradation and oxidation of the black latex rubber bands. Do a Google and find a dealer that carries it (bought mine at a local hardware store & it is not cheap). :cool:

7. gdluck

gdluck Elite Refuge Member

I built Kwicks wingers using Theraband tubing - Silver. Dont have enough time on them to say how long it lasts or if it will work with the other wingers but at $45-50 for 100 ft It may be worth a try. you can get it in smaller amounts but as always the price per foot goes up.

8. Mike Bons

Mike Bons Senior Refuge Member

I use the silver theraband tubing also. It seems to hold up pretty well, although I really don't have anything to compare it to as that is all I have ever used. A training partner of mine swears by it and he has used both OEM tubing and theraband.
    Mike