Zinger Winger II or Bumper Boy Derby Double

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by scully, Feb 28, 2006.

1. scully

scully Senior Refuge Member

Im looking into the purchase of two remote launchers. I am looking at the
    Bumper Boy Derby Double and the Zinger Winger II. Any imput on these launchers would be helpful.:z

2. bandedpintail

bandedpintail Senior Refuge Member

First thing you need to decide is if you want to be able to throw ducks and bumpers or if you would like to just throw bumpers.(I know BB makes the super birds and I have them to but it is not the same.) Also you need to figure out what you are going to be doing with the dog if you are going to run hunt test then train with the wingers(because that is what they will use or something close to them) The advantages to the BB is that you only have to reload every two dogs and the electronics comes with them, they are small and easy to carry and store. the disadvantage is they will only throw bumpers and super birds, they have a shot in the field (which could be good and bad just depends on the situation) They cost money to use very little but it is still money. The wingers advantages are they will throw ducks, and bumpers or anything that will fit into them, more life like no shot in the field(good or bad), they don't cost anything to use. The disadvantages are the take up more room, you have to buy electronics for them which cost more, and you can only throw one bird or mark at a time. So it is totally up to you I personally have both and love them the same but there is a time and a place for each one. It is like comparing apples and oranges.

3. Lab Man

Lab Man Moderator Moderator

Good post by Banded Pintail. I personally use more wingers because I like to use real birds. I also like wingers because I can use them on young pups that have not be introduced to gun fire yet. I like bumper thrower like Etch-marc or Bumper boy for cheating singles because I do not have to reload each time. If interested I have good prices on wingers and Bumper boy. E-mail me at mark@coonriverkennels.com for details. Good luck

4. Lily and me

Lily and me Elite Refuge Member

I have a bumper boy that holds 4 and love it. It is nice for the solo trainer as well.

5. scully

scully Senior Refuge Member

I train alone 90% of the time with one dog. My primary objective in training is for hunting with a couple of Hunt Tests for fun. Thanks for the input. Scully

6. Rivers Risen

Rivers Risen Senior Refuge Member

I have two 4-shooter bumper boys and love them. However, I will be adding a winger to the set. Feathers in training are hard to beat. I train 3 dogs and will have to get used to reloading the winger. Hopefully a 4-wheeler in the future will help and make this easier.

Good luck with your dog!

BVM

7. Lab Man

Lab Man Moderator Moderator

I will hire a bird boy during my busy time. In my slower times of the year I will train by myself. I have 4 wingers, and you are right its hard to beat real birds in training. Look it at this way you will stay in good shape. I do alot of walking loading wingers.

8. Gunners Up

Gunners Up Guest

Of course Scully, you could always buy two Gunners Up Son Of A Guns (SOG) for a little more than the price of one Mini. Partner the 2 SOG's up with the Tri-Tronics pro Release and you could have multiple marks coming from one station if need be. :tu

Just my $.02 worth but of course I'm bias.

Rich Davis
    Gunners Up

9. 2blackdogs

2blackdogs Senior Refuge Member

I'll second the Gunners Up Son Of A Gun. Last week I had one on loan from Rich. It throws nice marks. I've been using the original Gunners Up for 1 1/2 years and am very pleased. I have two at present and will be adding a third in the next few weeks. I like the option of ducks or bumpers. I've not had one single day of down time with them.

2blackdogs

10. chessieandducks

chessieandducks Elite Refuge Member

Good luck with the 4 wheeler Bob:z