Zinger-Winger/ remotes ?

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by DOG MAGNET, Feb 8, 2007.

1. DOG MAGNET

DOG MAGNET Senior Refuge Member

I am thinking about buying 2 Zinger-Winger II G3's and Dogtra electronics with duck sound. Any helpful suggestions regarding this equipment would be helpful. Does anybody have any experience with using these smaller launchers ( which is why I picked this model). I also see where they now give you a choice of solenoid or servos on the release. Any comment here? I have heard servos have more torque, less prone to contamination from dust/sand, but more like to fail from water damage. I am using these for hunt test training.

2. Lab Man

Lab Man Moderator Moderator

I personally do not have the G3 models. I have the Field Trialers. You will love the Dogtra electronics. But the quality in Zinger Winger products have been very good. I do offer Refuge discounts on Zinger Winger and the Dogtra electronics. If interested e-mail me at mark@coonriverkennels.com

3. Misty Marsh

Misty Marsh Elite Refuge Member

I can't say anything bad about Dogtra electronic's as they are the best out there right now! As far as the winger's go the only thing that I'ver heard is people do not like the stability of the smaller frame and find them tipping over. Servo's vs solinoid's, servo's fail, strip, break arm's, and can be prone to water, but solinoid's fail alot less being that they simply energize a field and have no real wear item's, they need periodic cleaning, but that's about it, and the older model's seem to be reliable, so why screw with a proven system?