Zink A frame blind

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Clark Griswald, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Clark Griswald

Clark Griswald Elite Refuge Member

Anybody actually use one of these yet? Did they work??

2. Zachary Hoeschen

Zachary Hoeschen Senior Refuge Member

from what i hear they are realy nice blinds! and they do work good to! great for setting up on feild lines, fence rows, etc.

3. gooseguy68

gooseguy68 Elite Refuge Member

From what I've seen on avian x tv it looks like it takes some work to get it together.

I'd try one if I needed one.

4. Fullbored

Fullbored Elite Refuge Member

Hunted out one in Kansas and smoked em.

Are you planning to keep mobile with the blind or leave in the same place ? There are better ideas that are cheaper if its staying in same area

Was pretty easy to setup and has its places

5. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

Sets up in 5 minutes with minimal effort. Killed limits of greenheads and geese out of them in the middle of a field and in hedge rows and fence lines. I'll dig through my go pro footage to show a little clip of how invisible these things can be to birds even in the middle of the field

6. Barry Keicks

Barry Keicks Senior Refuge Member

I'm curious Trevor. do you think that the birds would have flared from layouts in the same situation?

7. browndog66

browndog66 Senior Refuge Member

North Rustico, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Hey guys.......I had the opportunity to shoot out of them 80+ days.

Once you used to setting them up two guys can do it in 2-3 mins.

Tons of room for 4 guys and a dog.

Keeps yah warm and dry.

Like Trevor said they just seem disappear....not sure why....the shape is a good start.

Our group only used layouts 3 times all year.

8. TUGREENHEADHUNTER

TUGREENHEADHUNTER Senior Refuge Member

Hunted out of one almost every time I was in the field. They work extremely well. I hunt with a large group and we can easily hide 10 guys each time out when connecting 2 blinds together.

If you are into comfort this is a blind for you. It has tons of room inside. With openings on each end it is really easy to get in and out of.

Way better than hunting out of a layout blind if you ask me.

9. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

I looked at them this year and they looked pretty nice except I thought they were a little two wide. I would've picked one or two up except for the price. If they dropped the price in half I bet they would sell a lot more. We hunt out of pits, hedgerow blinds, layouts and also out of 8' a-frames made out of 2x2's and have them in 4 peices. Two 4'x8' sections and two end doors and can move them around the farm on atv's and small trailers fairly easy. They are actually light enough that one guy can setup. We spend a lot of time brushing them with tall switchgrass and kill many a goose out of them when some folks can't do a layout or you don't want to put to much pressure on a given pit. a lot of guys probably think there is no way to kill geese out of an a-frame without having it nestled into a hedgerow or phrag ditch but we have done well with them for years. One of my buddies that is older and really doesn't like hunting out of layouts anymore but can if need be has actually altered an old avery boat blind into a field blind that has wheels on it and can be pulled around on his ATV.

10. snowgoosin1

snowgoosin1 New Member

My hunting group has been using homemade A frame blinds for several years now and killed limits upon limits of ducks and geese out of them