Zink A frame blind

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Clark Griswald, Jul 15, 2013.

1. DeWayne Knight

DeWayne Knight Elite Refuge Member

Robison killed it; guaranteed.

2. Zachary Hoeschen

Zachary Hoeschen Senior Refuge Member

sweet footy! i use a homemade one and love it!:tu

3. Joe Robison

Joe Robison New Member

Actually Dewayne Shea shot it! Imagine that.

4. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

BS I shot it.... Oh wait, I was behind the camera :yes

5. browndog66

browndog66 Senior Refuge Member

North Rustico, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Good camera work Trevor! I wasn't sold either about the middle but after filming in Grey Bruce and using my own last fall it works......there is a pic from Grey Bruce in the middle of a cornfield where it just disappears.....if I can find it will post it up!

6. mkubiak

mkubiak Senior Refuge Member

It is all about conditioning that geese get. 12 years ago you could put a FA Eliminator in the field without stubble and smack them. Geese feed all over fields given the time to stay in a field. Many times when a field is about out of food, you will see them on the edges. Geese do not avoid irrigation pivots for the most part and these are smack dab in the middle of many 500-1000 acre fields around southern michigan.

The A frames will continue to work even out in the middle of a corn field (maybe not chissel plow as effectively) until everyone starts using them within a certain area

Anyone that says layout blinds work most of the time have not hunted enough or hunt unpressured birds by most of our standards

It is all relative to what you consider decoying and a quality hunt.

I know I would rather shoot ducks and geese standing on my feet than coming up from laying on my back.

Do some of us a favor and do not buy an "A" frame so we can enjoy about 5 more years hunting out of them before the geese get their PHD's.

7. Trevor Shannahan

Well we were hunting Northern IL and most squared up pretty good. But if birds are pressured(in MD every single field is leased and hunted hard so I grew up around pressure) shooting small flocks is better, it educates less birds. And the way I look at it 12 singles is the same as grinding a group of 12, and a lot more fun. I'm just not sure how not breaking big groups equates to having trouble, that is what confused me about your original post.

8. kaiserduckhelm

kaiserduckhelm Senior Refuge Member

So the stubble stays on even when folded up? I probably won't use it much in the field but in shallow water marshes and on the river bank. I realize some stuffing of cover will be needed every time to blend in with the surroundings but I don't want to stubble a blind that size every morning. I was thinking of putting a soft side blind on my boat but this looks more pratical.

9. Trevor Shannahan

Yes it stays pretty good. We only added grass once all season. You roll everything up with the grass facing the inside and there are pockets on the bottom that help hold the grass in very well

10. waterfowlin101

waterfowlin101 Elite Refuge Member

I bet the fog had nothing to do with those geese dumping in to the "house" blind. :D

Any footage when the skies are clear? :dv