Zink Calls New DVD - Band Hunters 2

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by browndog66, Mar 19, 2010.

1. cs

cs Elite Refuge Member

Homer your last point about cutt throat and back stabbing is true and really sad how bad it has gotten. Money tests everyones ethics and morals and nowadays the hunting industry is definatley about money.

2. cmac77

cmac77 Elite Refuge Member

Fundamentally they are the same...so I would have to say yes guides are pimping out the resource.

I just dont think it's as dramatic or flagrant at the video gurus.

3. Nick Michael

Nick Michael Senior Refuge Member

Now this i dont understand. Thats someones lively hood. So a guide for fishing is the same, as deer hunting elk hunting all over the world. Thats starts pushing into peoples business. Even the video gurus have the right to do it and i dont think its wrong. I think they are more of the go-getters that make pipe dreams to most come real. You guys can give your opions on this all day, its going to go back and contradict everything. Quit the whinning.. Go out yourself's and hunt have a good time, stop worrying about what other people think....

4. cmac77

I could care less if its what they do for a living...if you make money from guiding you are pimping out a natural resource.

I'm not whinning....heck I really dont think that highly of what they do.

It may be your pipe dream but not mine...if I am going to dream about a career its going to be a heck of a lot better than chasing some birds up and down the flyway.

What's that saying...pimpin aint easy.

5. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Elite Refuge Member

So if work in oil, gas, coal, etc...you pimping out a natural resource.

If you work with trees, lumber, logging, etc.. you are pimping out a natural resource.

If you make fishing equipment, fish finders, boats, or work at a bait shop you are pimping out a natural resource.

I am real curious as to what you "pimp out" in your career that let's you judge how another man makes a living?

What's even more ironic is that you posted this looking for a "pimp" to take you hunting...

Pick a lane dude.

6. Gude

Gude Elite Refuge Member

Ooooooohhhhhh.

Ouch.

7. cmac77

Not really trying to judge how another guy make a living...just making a point about the video.

Oh no...you went back through my posts and found a contridiction...great job...i'm sure you never find yourself in this position. Heck you are starting to remind me of my wife. Maybe if you dig deep enough you might find some more.

If you go back through my original post I didnt include guides....dont really have anything against them.......BUT

Do I believe guides are pimping out a resource....sure I do.

Am I above using one if I dont have a way to do it myself....no i'm not....is that hypocritical....probably.

I just dont idolize those who do it for a living or place them on a pedestal.

8. DocRay

DocRay Elite Refuge Member

What would that make you? John?

9. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Elite Refuge Member

Nice recovery.

Except that I didn't have to go back too far- 6 weeks actually. Curious when in the last month in a half you took a 180 and went from looking for a pimp to take you hunting to denouncing them in 10 posts on here?

10. cmac77

No...you didnt have to go back too far at all.

Honest answer...my buddies and I really wanted to get in on a spring goose hunt....so I asked around. Coming from CA I dont have a way to get it done myself.

My original statement about pimps was in reference to video. But when asked if I felt guiding was the same....I saw fundemental similaties so I threw it out there. I really didnt consider the offense it would cause.
    After further consideration and you ability to throw my hypocrisy in my face I will say this...."pimp" is not the right word.

Some of the guides I have met and spoken with were nice guys...who bring a lot to the sport of waterfowling...so it's really not fair to call them "pimps". I should have prefaced it with some who exploit the resource for their own gain and give nothing back are "pimps" just trying to make a dollar.