Zink Calls New DVD - Band Hunters 2

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by browndog66, Mar 19, 2010.

1. cmac77

cmac77 Elite Refuge Member

What's your point.

2. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

I'm not sure, but my guess is that because of pimp/guide reference, and your search for a spring snow goose guide, he is calling you a John, or in other words, someone looking for a dirty oar. But I'm not sure:z

3. Ikillfowl

Ikillfowl Senior Refuge Member

Fishing and Hunting aren't the same thing. Anyone can have access to the water and fishing guides dont restrict or effect the access of others. The same can't be said for a lot of hunting areas in North America.

Makes it harder when people with "pipe dreams" of becoming a waterfowl superstar have all the land leased up.

4. G.B. Jack

G.B. Jack Elite Refuge Member

amen

5. Clark Griswald

Clark Griswald Elite Refuge Member

Jack if you believe that then why do you pay guides all across the country to take you hunting??

6. G.B. Jack

G.B. Jack Elite Refuge Member

haven't booked a guided trip in over two years, and never wlll again. so you are saying dont hate the pimp, hate the ho's? big diffenrece between guys making videos, and a guy taking one animal, and not making videos. but who am I to judge, my problem is when guys do it on public land, the ranch I hunt on is now private. i have ZERO problems with guiding, i have a problem with MARKETING, over expoltataion, and a "kill em all attitude", :tu which is EXACTLY what the "super companies" have turned waterfowl into. I have hunted with rick hall many years ago in lousiana, mike at bay prarie outfitters, NON of theose guys make videos, or over exploit, see the diffenrece? every whack and stack video, ever made, just gives peta, the humane society and sierra club about ten times more ammo. especcially all the hottering and hollaring after a kill shot, or laughing

7. DaveP1963

DaveP1963 Senior Refuge Member

I think it all went south when we began keeping score. Somehow, we allowed this sport to be *******ized it into a competition sport. Hence the “crews”, “squads” and “teams”. It used to be OK to go out and get a few, or not. It wasn’t about “bein’ on the X” or “runnin’ traffic”. It wasn’t about having a semi full of decoys, the more expensive the better, so you can “out spread” anyone else in the county. There was enough respect among those who did forsake the deer woods for waterfowl, that there was no need to engage in urinary Olympics to see who could pee highest up the wall. It was more about getting together with friends, maybe meeting some new ones, pooling resources and maybe learning a little something from the other guy. It was about the resource, not us…

Videos went from “this is how we do it” to “this is how we CUT ‘EM…Can you believe the CARNAGE? The WHACKAGE and STACKAGE!!! Look at the BIG PILE of birds, and it was so easy because they’re stupid here in location X. Of course, the Y decoys, Z guns and BR549 ammo sealed the deal. You can be successful like us if you go to location X and use Y, Z and BR549! And you have to use this new call, that’s not available yet (so we can build the suspense and make you want one more), or you can’t be successful like us!” If and when, you can afford it all, don’t be surprised if it doesn’t work for you because that new call you just spent half a car payment on doesn’t have the same guts that the one in the video did (extra $60). The decoys don’t look the same because those were a special prototype we used to spec out for these mass produced cheap pieces of crap that you’ll still pay full price for because they were in “Incomin’ ,24/7, Fallin’, Crashin’, Fowlin’ Volume 24,000”. And the ammo, that cost you $35 bucks for 10, they get for free.

We are ALL responsible for it, on some level…and it stinks like dead fish.

8. Meats

Meats Elite Refuge Member

:clap:l:clap............GREAT post, I love it.

9. Over The Decoys

Over The Decoys Elite Refuge Member

It's so true... Guilty:eek: And me (average joe guy) being on the internet is all the proof that is needed. The internet more specifically waterfowl hunting forums IMHO have breed this new feel to hunting. For all the good the internet has done or may do for waterfowling in the future it has done just as much harm. I love seeing pictures and reading stories from all over N. America, but somewhere along the way it has turned into a sort of contest of who is better (better = KILLS more birds) and less & less about just being able to enjoy it for what it is. These DVD's are just feeding off that. Right or wrong they are giving people what they want to see. I feel kind of bad for those that are just getting into waterfowling because there is a very different perspective portrayed now than what many of us grew up with. To each his own...... At the end of the day I could care less about how everyone else does "it". As long as I can hunt and my kids (and their kids) will be able to hunt... THen that's really all that matters to me.

Cheers,

Adam

10. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Elite Refuge Member

Damn- and I just ordered my "Cook County Killin' Squad" hoodies with the "Cut'em all Jack" saying where your name would go on the front...