zink calls question

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by newshooter, Dec 20, 2004.

1. newshooter

newshooter Refuge Member

I just started goose hunting this year and now I can't get enough. I heard that winlock calls are great for beginers so I bought the Delrin sr. I love it but from what I have read on this forum and videos you can never have to many calls. So I decided to get another one. Anyway, on with the question I decided on a zink call and I don't know which one to get. Like I said before I am new to this sport so I don't know much about them. I was thinking of getting the Paralyzer or a Power Maximus based on the price and what others on here have said. I figure you get what you pay for so I don't want to skimp out on a call but I also have read good thinks about the Power Clucker and the Power Maximus in the polycarbonates. I could buy both of those for about half the cost of the Paralyzer or the Power Maximus. So what are your opinions is one harder to blow than another or is one better for a beginer should I buy 2 for less money to have more options in the field or should I buy one of the more spendy ones for durability and relyability? any input would be great. Thanks

2. TTDuckman

TTDuckman Elite Refuge Member

I won't try to tell you what brand of call to buy. Each person has their own style. Your first short reed will not be your last. You will likely go through a few before you get exactly what you want. I would strongly urge you however, to find a good video for instruction if you are just starting out.

Tim

3. gdagoosehunter

gdagoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

im young but ive made the mistake of going with a name rather than what sutied me.....I wouldsuggest blowing several calls and finf whatever fits you the best.....i would go to a call retailer in the area like cabels and blow several calls and find what fits...that way you dont waste your money....not saying zink calls are a waste...bc i own one.....ne ways jsut my 2 cents

alan

4. backwater1

backwater1 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

If you are new to a short reed don't go out and buy all kinds of calls! By one and stick with it, practice until you have it mastered(a video will be a big help),after you think you have it mastered go back and watch the video again. Keep on it, put the call in your car so when you are driving you can practice. good luck.

5. DeWayne Knight

DeWayne Knight Elite Refuge Member

Of course, I'd like to sell you an acrylic call:tu but your money would be better spent on instruction. You can buy Fred Zink's instructional video, "The Ancient Art Of Paralyzing", as well as Shawn Stahl's instructional video. "Honker Talk", for less than $50.00 and learn the proper operation of a short reed. With that you can then use just about any short reed goose call. As for the Zink polycarb calls, I believe they are a tremendous value for the money. Fred's new gut system is very easy blowing, and will help to speed the learning proccess. Let me know if I can be of further help. Email me at dewayne@honkerbonker.com

6. newshooter

newshooter Refuge Member

well I decided to go with the paralyzer sr-1 from Drylock-BBB. He gave me a great deal and was great to talk to. To some of the other posts I have the Shawn Stahl honker talk video and the Foiles strait meat honker sounds cd. They both helped out alot. Thanks for all the help guys.
    Damon

7. Vickman

Vickman Senior Refuge Member

Newshooter, please let us know what you think of this call compared to what you already have as I have been thinking of getting one of the poly's myself. Thanks, Vickman