Zink Calls

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Tdawg5664, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Tdawg5664

Tdawg5664 Refuge Member

I am thinking I am going to get one of zink's calls. I am looking at getting a single reed most likely. I've determained between the NGB or their new call they recently released the Greentop rocker. I am wanting some input from people who have any of their calls or people who have other companies they'd like to mention.

2. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Why Zink? Why not RNT(my pick), RM, C&S, Echo or GK?

3. Tdawg5664

Tdawg5664 Refuge Member

I am thinking about zink because of their tone board since they don't stick as much supposedly. My second choice would be echo but I have heard great things about RNT as well. What call would you suggest from RNT? The daisy slayer diablo at the cabelas that I'm going to on Friday

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    Lovetogun likes this.
  4. EWUEagles

EWUEagles Senior Refuge Member

I have tried quite a few calls and I won't give up my RM for anything but everyone is different. The best thing you can do is try as many as you can at cabelas or find someone close to you to try some calls out. I know a guy who shoots a ton of mallards and uses a DR-85 that's like 10 years old.

Wildpath likes this.
  5. RambosHuman

RambosHuman New Member

I am a rm fan as well. I have owned and tried rnt, echo, lares, and zink. All good calls but rm just fits me best. I can only speak on the zink ATM as far as zink calls. It is easy call to run. Never tried a NBG.
    As far as rnt I have owned a short barrell, original, Daisy Slayer and cutter. My favorite is the short barrell with the cutter right behind it. The slayer is awesome but on the quiet side. They are all good. Same with the echo calls I have tried.

Speaking of trying calls ewueagles I need to try that rm alpha soon!

6. EWUEagles

EWUEagles Senior Refuge Member

Come over any time but you better bring that custom RM you got!

7. Scout_mn

Scout_mn Senior Refuge Member

Go to cabelas and try out all there calls. I prefer the RNT daisy Cutter or the short barrel.

8. canpoint

canpoint Elite Refuge Member

Not a "Fred" fan. But I have yet to stick the NBG call I bought a few weeks ago. Not sure I can give up my C&S to hunt with. But I have kept it for now.

Lovetogun likes this.
  9. Goose Isle Gunner

Goose Isle Gunner Elite Refuge Member

Was thinking of trying out the green top rocker call. Anybody try one yet? The graphics make it look as thought the call is having a stroke...but the description has me intrigued. Maybe I'll try a used one once they circulate.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    Lovetogun likes this.
  10. Lovetogun

Lovetogun Refuge Member

TDawg, what did you end up getting? I have an ATM Green machine, easy to blow call, and I like it. I have an RNT Timber cocobolo also. ATM is louder, the RNT I use for a little more rasp at closer birds.