Zink calls

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Poorhunter, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Poorhunter

Poorhunter New Member

Ok guys, looking for some info. I’m
    Looking to at the Long Neck Rocker to add to the calls. I use a PC1 right now and it’s the easiest call to blow. Is the LNR as easy to blow? And should I buy it or look at COD, or NOS? Please no bashing of Zink calls, keep it to yourself or keep scrolling thank you.

2. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Senior Refuge Member

I've ran a COD, good call.
    I ran the LNR at Cabelas. Ran smooth, easy air presentation. You would like it, given you like your PC1. Try to get your hands on a LNR and give it a test run.

Poorhunter likes this.
  3. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

That PC 1 is probably the easiest Zink goose call to run because you need little back pressure to run it , these others will require more skill to run ... if I were you I'd look for an old PM1 or an LM1 put it on a lathe and get rid of the bell end .... His new calls have shorter inserts and no bell , easier to run IMO ...The Original Fred Zink calls use to be the best of the best , the XR2 if you can run it is hands down one of the best true sounding mallard calls made to this day , the LM1 , PM1 , SR1 and Money Maker were and are great calls ....but these new crazy graphics , names and colors aren't Fred , he might still design calls but kinda doubt it ... same guts so I guess that's what matters ... I hear the new owner has poor CS , When Fred ran it , you'd get taken care of right a way , his wife use to answer the phone at the shop ..... Another good company bought out and ruined by big business
    Glad I have a few originals .... My go to call is still a bacote PM1 ....

freefall likes this.
  4. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

I stil think the rh1 Sean stahl call zink made for bass pro shops years ago was my favorite zink call to date

5. HONKSRWORKN

I have never had the chance to buy one , they only made them for a short time and not many were re sold by owners at least at a price I was willing to pay . What I liked about the RH1 was it had no large bell like all the others ... I turned all of my Zink inserts on my lathe to get rid of the bells and they now resemble the RH1 inserts .. I've also made my own LM1style barrels ..... Great calls ..

6. joecitrano

7. Poorhunter

Poorhunter New Member

I got a LNR and I’m very impressed by the way it runs and sounds. I will say I agree I loved the older calls Fred made then the new ones.

8. HONKSRWORKN

Luck dog ... Don't see those anymore , wish I'd bought one when I had the chance but not in green ... Funny thing it looks to be the same barrel as the Money Maker , and the RH1 came out a few yrs prior to the Money Maker .... Looks like my Money Maker Short ..
    P_20190105_130308.jpg

Poorhunter likes this.
  9. joecitrano

The money maker is a lm1 insert and rh1 barrel

HONKSRWORKN likes this.
  10. joecitrano

If anyone’s interested I’d trade or sell the rh1