Zink decoys

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by RNI, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Chappy

Chappy Senior Refuge Member

2. The Grind

The Grind New Member

3. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

Zink is a sponsor, so I don't want to bash their new decoy. But DSD is also a sponsor, and I agree with the above comment, I'll stick with my DSD :tu

mudhen

4. mudhen

Messed with two for a bit yesterday. They may 'self-inflate' to a certain degree, but not the fullest degree.

It's a heavy sucker for sure :l

mudhen

5. duckman2000

duckman2000 Senior Refuge Member

where did you get your reviews from?I've only seen 1 bad review about that valve just 1 and like 2 good reviews.they are way to new to get any reviews yet so to say they are not getting good reviews is a stretch.I've been looking for them because i was trying to decide between these and dsd.I like to run and gun so I'm leaning towards these plus I'm saving 40 a decoy.I think the zink hen looks a little better to me.the dsd breeding pair is sweet.the dsd tom all I can say is Wow but that thing might scare off allot of birds a bit to intimidating.here is a link of a dsd and a zink side by side

http://forum.averyoutdoors.com/showthread.php?t=76849&page=3

6. mudhen

Stretch for you maybe :)

I'm on lots of websites. The comments are mixed on Archery Talk. Old Gobbler crashed, so the mixed review posts there are gone. N W T F boards have mixed reviews. Enough sites?

It's clear that Zink doesn't want to draw any attention to the inflatable part, as it's not mentioned in most of their catalog ads. They know that would discourage some. Josh from Zink says that it is a tough decoy, but of course, will be ruined with a decent shotgun blast :(

4-5 buddies bought them already, at least 1 is returning his. I spent a few minutes with a pair yesterday. One wouldn't hold air already (the feeder), and it was brand new. They don't self-inflate - watch the video -both Fred & Shane tell you they need to be blown up.

Read my posts. I don't generally knock a product without first-hand knowledge. I may buy one for traveling hunts, but I have a $19 Delta that looks almost as good as a Zink, so I'm not totally sure yet. It's not the slam-dunk I thought it would be when I first heard about them :scratch

They do look good, especially the feeder. I think the alert hen is too alert...

mudhen

7. Its was very mixed on Oldgobbler.com I am a member of archerytalk, but haven't been over there in awhile. I got an email that oldgobbler is back up and running again.

8. A Wallace

A Wallace Senior Refuge Member

@ 80$ per decoy DSD is looking pretty good.

9. duckman2000

duckman2000 Senior Refuge Member

went and check them out at bass pro today.pretty nice decoy.looks real good.pretty thick like others have said they feel like a kick ball.I passed on them only because I started to think how long will they last before they start cracking like a kick ball?rubber only last for so long right.so now for my ? I'm getting DSD thinking about the breeding pair and either the feeding hen or the upright hen.what would you guys get.I only hunt turkeys in the spring not the fall.you think the breeding pair would be the ticket or should I get just the Jake and both upright and feeding hens hmmmm cant decide lol.ohhh and no I don't want to buy the whole flock lol plus macks does not sell the whole flock setup.

10. Usually I have only got a jake decoy with me just due to space. A turkey biologist explained it to me and it just makes sense. The tom already knows there is a hen somewhere and here he stumbles across a jake looking for the same hen. Tom decides to commence an *** whooping right there just for the principal of it. I have had alot of birds hang up with just a hen out, and I have had some hang up with a jake/hen combo. I can usually get one to come check out a lone jake. The only time I bring all my decoys is if I know exactly what they are gonna do in the am and then I make it look like a jake is leading 2 hens away from the roost. Gets them nearly every time.