Zink decoys

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by RNI, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Green is Gold

Green is Gold Elite Refuge Member

Crap! That sucks. Didn't realize Mack's was carrying the DSD's now. I just bought one from Dave and had to pay shipping.

2. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

Of course ordering from Mack's and actually getting the item from Mack's can be two different things :(

You probably did fine ordering directly from them....

mudhen

3. Indy-Travis

Indy-Travis Elite Refuge Member

Like Derek, I chose to pass on the breeder DSD. I have two uprights, and just added the jake and feeder. With my other jake dekes, I used one upright without a stake on the ground, same effect but much more visible. The new DSD decoy material is awsome, takes pellets well and is quieter. Still not colapsible, but doesn't have the "drum" effect when bumping around the brush.

4. Green is Gold

Green is Gold Elite Refuge Member

I hear that. I placed an order a couple weeks ago and when it didn't arrive, I went online to check on it. Turns out they cancelled the order as they decided not to carry the item anymore and didn't have the courtesy to inform me.

5. Big AL64

Big AL64 Refuge Member

That's what I use, a feeder hen with no stake under my jake or B-mobile

6. Blackduck

Blackduck Senior Refuge Member

I bought the zink. Blew it up, it's holding air fine. I keep it inflated, in the carry bag, unless I need to take it down for travel. Smaller than my B-mobile, which also stays fully expanded. I darkened the wings on the zink. Didn't like all the white. But it looks sweet now. :yes

7. Blackduck

Blackduck Senior Refuge Member

Also repainted the wings, head, and tail on the B-mobile. But they're a sweet pair. I did the upright zink hen. Doesn't seem to me a calling hen watching a strutter deke and an approaching tom would keep her head down. And an upright is more visible. These aren't goose dekes where you need feeders to look relaxed. Spooked turks run off.

8. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

At $11 to $15 each where I have found the Cherokee Blowups, and the terrain I tend to run, I'll keep using them and just shoot the crap out of them and buy more.....and still come out lighter in weight and $ than toting the equivalent of 2-3 live turkeys around all day.:nutz

9. mr buckman

mr buckman Senior Refuge Member

Any way to still get free shipping on orders over $150 from Macks?? I missed the window and don't know any promo codes

10. MO-trapper

MO-trapper Senior Refuge Member

I dont own one of these or even plan too, but how does this kickball comparison even come close????? I've held these and looked at them more then once. Seriously a kickball? A bike or even trailer tire would be a better comparison. These things are 5 times as thick a as a kick ball. There also not getting kicked around on the pavement all day either. Also are you planning on leaving these things sitting outside in the sun and rain all day long? So how does the weathering come in either. Also as pliable as these are, I could see a tiny shot hole not even allowing air out of it unless you blow this thing up to 50psi. . . Just saying its not a good comparison at all. Yes rubber will dry rot over time, but if kept dry and in a cool place in storage I wouldnt imagine this happening for a long time.

Anyways there great looking dekes. I'll possibly buy one after the trial year is over and there willing to change the things that go wrong.

Good luck everyone.